Hollywood Tower of Terror

diamond

I myself want to know how things work. I've been on TofTerror3 times, but it scares me and I haven't rode since. However, if I knew how it worked, I'm sure I would enjoy the attraction more.

MGMBoy

Re: Re: Hollywood Tower of Terror

Originally posted by imagineer99
Actually, the impressionist performs the entire ride video. Rod Serling is lip-synched throughout the entire thing. You were right about them cutting away though at that particular line. In the actual episode, Serling points to a map instead of an elevator

Cool Facts, though! I love hearing stuff about the Tower of Terror.:)

I was really interested to read a lot of that stuff, especially the thing about the antique Mickey Doll!

"Tonight's episode of the Twilight Zone is somewhat unique and calls for a different type of introduction. This as you may realize is..." That entire audio clip comes from the start of one episode and, yes, he points to a map of the US instead of an elevator. I'll give you guys the title, episode, and season number all at once. Later. TTYL. :cool:

imagineer99

Re: Re: Re: Hollywood Tower of Terror

Originally posted by MGMBoy
"Tonight's episode of the Twilight Zone is somewhat unique and calls for a different type of introduction. This as you may realize is..." That entire audio clip comes from the start of one episode and, yes, he points to a map of the US instead of an elevator. I'll give you guys the title, episode, and season number all at once. Later. TTYL. :cool:

Yes, there is an actual episode where Serling speaks the exact dialogue heard in the preshow. This is also the episode where he points to the map.

However, the imagineers wanted to keep the voiceovers consistent. In turn, an impressionist performs the entire opening and the entire ride itself. If you listen closely you can determine that Serling is not truly speaking. His mouth is forming the exact same words, but the impressionist's voice is the one heard. The impressionist has a tendency to "over pronounce" his words.:)

By the way, could you give me the episode title? I think it would be awesome to see it.

Thanks!

Bagheera

I believe that the episode title was "It's a GOOD Life," and featured Bill Mumy as a kid with the power to make anything (or anyone) he didn't like go away ... forever.

MGMBoy

Originally posted by Bill
Watch out or you'll get sent to the cornfields!:lol:

"You're a BAD MAN!" *Turns Bill into a Jack-in-the-Box* That IS an absolute classic episode. I'm still trying to find the tape I have with it on it. I recorded the entire Sci-Fi Channel marathon this summer...44 hours of Rod Serling! :D

mickeygolfer

ToT Intro and TZ Episode

It's A Good Life - November 3, 1961

Written by Rod Serling (Based on a short story by Jerome Bixby)

A child with limitless powers, closes his small town off from the rest of the world. The residents fear for their lives and only think good thoughts. They don't try to stop him.

Starring:

Billy Mumy
as Anthony Fremont

John Larch
as Mr. Fremont

Cloris Leachman
as Mrs. Fremont

Alice Frost
as Aunt Amy

Don Keefer
as Dan Hollis

Jeanne Bates
as Ethel Hollis

Casey Adams
as Pat Riley

Tom Hatcher
as Bill Soames

Lenore Kingston
as Thelma Dunn

Also featured in "Twilight Zone the Movie"

Here is the original Intro:

"Tonight's story on The Twilight Zone is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a map of the United States, and there's a little town there called Peaksville. On a given morning not too long ago, the rest of the world disappeared and Peaksville was left all alone. Its inhabitants were never sure whether the world was destroyed and only peaksville left untouched or whether the village had somehow bene taken away. They were, on the other hand, sure of one thing: the cause. A monster had arrived in the village. Just by using his mind, he took away the automobiles, the electricity, the machines, because they displeased him, and he moved en entire community back into the dark ages. Just by using his mind.

Now I'd like to introduce you to some of the people of Peaksville, Ohio. This is Mr. Fremont. It's in his farmhouse that the monster resides. This is Mrs. Fremont. And this is Aunt Amy, who probably had more control over the monster in the beginning than almost anyone. But one day she forgot. She began to sing aloud. Now, the monster doesn't like singing, so his mind snapped at her, and turned her into the smiling, vacant thing you're looking at now. She sings no more. And you'll note that the people in Peaksville, Ohio, have to smile.They have to thin happy thoughts and say happy things because, once displeased, the monster can wish them into a cornfield or change them into a grotesque walking horror. This particular monster can read minds you see. He knows every thought, he can feel every emotion. Oh yes, I did forget something didn't I.

This is the monster. His name is Anthony Fremont. He's six years old, with a cute little-boy face and blue, guiless eyes. But when those eyes look at you, you'd better start thinking happy thoughts, because the mind behind tem is absolutely in charge. This, is the Twilight Zone."

Check out this link for more TZ

http://www.tzworld.com

disnyfan89

In the First ride scene the Hallway is really shorter than it looks. This is accomplished by making every thing from the Doors to the Shoes out front smaller the farther back the hallway goes. Also the window affect is done with moving mirrors. If you look closely you can see the window ripple at the beginning.

disnyfan89

Re: ToT Intro and TZ Episode

Originally posted by mickeygolfer
It's A Good Life - November 3, 1961

Written by Rod Serling (Based on a short story by Jerome Bixby)

A child with limitless powers, closes his small town off from the rest of the world. The residents fear for their lives and only think good thoughts. They don't try to stop him.

Starring:

Billy Mumy
as Anthony Fremont

John Larch
as Mr. Fremont

Cloris Leachman
as Mrs. Fremont

Alice Frost
as Aunt Amy

Don Keefer
as Dan Hollis

Jeanne Bates
as Ethel Hollis

Casey Adams
as Pat Riley

Tom Hatcher
as Bill Soames

Lenore Kingston
as Thelma Dunn

Also featured in "Twilight Zone the Movie"

Here is the original Intro:

"Tonight's story on The Twilight Zone is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a map of the United States, and there's a little town there called Peaksville. On a given morning not too long ago, the rest of the world disappeared and Peaksville was left all alone. Its inhabitants were never sure whether the world was destroyed and only peaksville left untouched or whether the village had somehow bene taken away. They were, on the other hand, sure of one thing: the cause. A monster had arrived in the village. Just by using his mind, he took away the automobiles, the electricity, the machines, because they displeased him, and he moved en entire community back into the dark ages. Just by using his mind.

Now I'd like to introduce you to some of the people of Peaksville, Ohio. This is Mr. Fremont. It's in his farmhouse that the monster resides. This is Mrs. Fremont. And this is Aunt Amy, who probably had more control over the monster in the beginning than almost anyone. But one day she forgot. She began to sing aloud. Now, the monster doesn't like singing, so his mind snapped at her, and turned her into the smiling, vacant thing you're looking at now. She sings no more. And you'll note that the people in Peaksville, Ohio, have to smile.They have to thin happy thoughts and say happy things because, once displeased, the monster can wish them into a cornfield or change them into a grotesque walking horror. This particular monster can read minds you see. He knows every thought, he can feel every emotion. Oh yes, I did forget something didn't I.

This is the monster. His name is Anthony Fremont. He's six years old, with a cute little-boy face and blue, guiless eyes. But when those eyes look at you, you'd better start thinking happy thoughts, because the mind behind tem is absolutely in charge. This, is the Twilight Zone."

Check out this link for more TZ

http://www.tzworld.com

this will be on tonight at 9:00 on scifi

bubbles

Test Track

I was on Test Track in June of 2003, and we were one of the first people on the ride, durring the ride when your going up the hills the car slowly came to a stop and we were sitting there for 30 mins. Finally, the car began to move but it was only going 5 mph. Even when we were about to crash into the wall ( the picture spot). But luckily when we were outside we went the normal speed. At the end of the ride they let us go on it once more because they felt bad.
This group of people we talked to said they got stuck in the cold room! :eek:I feel bad for them! So now they changed it so when you pass through the 3 rooms you don't stop you keep moving.

StevenT

Back to Tower of Terror secrets. I very well could have missed someone posting it so I appologise if it's been said.

Showing attention to detail, in the lobby they invited two professoinal majjong players to play for an hour or so, then get up and leave that way the peices on the table look as authentic as possible.

Re: seatbelts

Originally posted by MagicalDreamer
Why after 9 years of running the TOT did they opt for adding seatbelts now? Did something happen that I missed?:p

Yea i think they did that cuse if a small kid sits next to a "fat" person he may fall out which could end bad so i think it was for safty. :confused: and i dont think they want that rep. :p

chrisjoi

As far as the seatbelts go I have complete faith in the designers of a ride to make the ride as safe as possible. If they say we need seatbelts I agree... One thing that never crosses my mind on a thrill ride is my safety.

1disneydood

My 8 yr. old son and I are glad they added seatbelts. We went to the parks with his "very large" grandmother. Well on every ride we went on, one of us sat next to her. I love the woman to death but i'm 5'8" 135 lbs, and he's 8 yrs old and skinny like me. She's, well I won't quotte weight but she's heavy. On the rides with bars we were smashing the bar into her thighs trying to get them to our size.

I guess the bars are a bad idea in a world of so many different weight classes.

FWIW I wish I could legally gain like 75 lbs. ;) :lol:

^Yeah, that's what my mom and I figured after we got stuck with two heavy people. We kept coming out of our seats with the bar, so that's probably the reason they changed to seatbelts.

BoBoJacks

Originally posted by tj229er
Does anyone have a full script of TOT?

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to The Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror features a high speed drop, and you should be in good health, free from heart conditions, back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry, but children under seven years of age not accompanied by an adult or guests who do not meet the forty inch height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in, we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all of the available space around you. Food and drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby, and for the courtesy of those around you, smoking is not permitted. Also, for your safety, we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you, and do enjoy your stay at The Hollywood Tower Hotel."

The following is heard as you wait to enter The Hollywood Tower Hotel library.

"Ladies and gentlemen, in just a few moments, the library doors in front of you will be opening. Please stand back from the doors as they will be opening toward you. Thank you."

The following is said by a Rod Serling sound-alike inside The Hollywood Tower Hotel library.

"You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension. A dimension of sound. A dimension of sight. A dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into...The Twilight Zone. Hollywood, 1939. Amid the glitz and the glitter of a bustling, young movie town at the height of its golden age, The Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in its own right; a beacon for the show business elite. Now, something is about to happen that will change all that. The time is now on an evening very much like the one we have just witnessed. Tonight's story on The Twilight Zone is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a maintenance service elevator still in operation, waiting for you. We invite you, if you dare, to step aboard because in tonight's episode, you are the star. And this elevator travels directly to...The Twilight Zone." - Rod Serling sound-alike

The following is said by a Rod Serling sound-alike onboard The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror elevator.

"You are the passengers on a most uncommon elevator about to ascend into your very own episode of...The Twilight Zone. One stormy night long ago, five people stepped through the door of an elevator and into a nightmare. That door is opening once again, and this time it's opening for you. You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension...beyond the deepest, darkest corner of the imagination...in the Tower of Terror. A warm welcome back to those of you who made it and a friendly word of warning; something you won't find in any guidebook. The next time you check into a deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood, make sure you know just what kind of vacancy you're filling. Or you may find yourself a permanent resident of...The Twilight Zone" - Rod Serling sound-alike

Then that other guy says
"Ladies and gentlemen, please gather your belongings and watch your head and step as you exit through the elevator doors. We trust your stay at The Hollywood Tower Hotel has been a pleasant one, and please do come back and see us again. Thank you."

Or did u mean this NOTE! THIS IS A ORIGINALLY PLANNED SCRIPT

Library Narration

"You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension. A dimension of sound. A dimension of sight. A dimension of mind. You've just crossed over into The Twilight Zone. Hollywood, 1939. Amid the glitz and the glitter of a bustling young movie town at the height of its golden age, The Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in its own right. A beacon for the show business elite. Something is about to happen that will change all that. The time is now. On an evening very much like the one we have just witnessed. Tonight's story on The Twilight Zone is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a maintenance service elevator…"
"...still in operation...waiting for you. We invite you, if you dare, to step aboard because in tonight's episode, YOU are the star - and this elevator is about to take you directly to the floor marked 'terror'...located somewhere between this hotel basement and The Twilight Zone."

You are the passengers on a most uncommon elevator, about to take the strangest journey of your lives - into your very own episode of...The Twilight Zone." "You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead...your next stop - The Twilight Zone."

AT THE END
"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead...your next stop - The Twilight Zone."

Got all that fromHere

Testtrack321

When seated on the left side of an elevator, look to the left for a plack with an elevator capacity number on it. That number is actually the date the first Twilight Zone episode aired, in mm/dd/yy form.

HMFan

Here is one for everyone! After you have entered into the lobby are either go to the left or right lobbies there is the "broken" elevator straight ahead and just to the left of that is a board with letters that state the areas on the different floors in the hotel. Some of the letters have fallen out into the tray at the bottom, the letters that have fallen spell out: EVIL TOWR U R DOOMED

I always like looking at that when I go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom