Hollywood Studios in Mid January

DfromATX

I am trying to talk my husband into taking a quick 2-day trip to Disney (MK & HS) in January 2020 after the holidays, like around the 25th. By then I believe all of Galaxy's Edge will be open. I think I read the 2nd ride opens in December of 2019. How crowded to you think it would be on a Monday in late January? I don't think there's anything going on in either park at that time that I know of. We were there July 2018 and just missed Toy Story opening so we want to see that too. We've never gone before when school is not out so excited to see what that's like as well!

Zé_Carioca

The parks are very busy all the time now, however late January is one of the "slower"seasons.

It is hard to predict how crowded GE will be after ROTR opens. Given how both Pandora and Toy Story Land still experience super long lines years after they opened, plan for long lines and people rushing to the land. It will be a little bit easier to gauge how popular Galaxy's edge will be once we can see how crowded the land is after it opens.

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

I usually go around that time and I will say be prepared while it may be a little busy due to the Festival of the arts..Cheerleading competitons roll in, Brazilian Tour groups are in effect, and also the NFL Pro Bowl is in Orlando as many guests come to ESPNWWOS And Disney springs as they incorprate the festivities before the big game on Jan 26th..I'm doing the smart thing by arriving during the ending of it.

Upvote 0

DfromATX

Original Poster
I usually go around that time and I will say be prepared while it may be a little busy due to the Festival of the arts..Cheerleading competitons roll in, Brazilian Tour groups are in effect, and also the NFL Pro Bowl is in Orlando as many guests come to ESPNWWOS And Disney springs as they incorprate the festivities before the big game on Jan 26th..I'm doing the smart thing by arriving during the ending of it.

Thank you, I tried to find what events were going on at that time, but didn't see much. I originally looked at around February 9th and no value hotels were available! I think that's when the Festival of the Arts will be going on next year. I forgot about the cheerleaders! We would also be going to Disney Springs on our arrival day. We usually like to have dinner there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom