Hollywood Studios Icon

JIMINYCR

Anything huge will again obstruct the view down Hollywood Blvd. Since they cant put the Earful Tower in the place of the hat, keeping with the hollywood theme....how about a nice circular hub with shrubbery, flowers, benches and statues of:

mE2n-lg72kp4jF0twQ2vR8Q.jpg

165px-Emmy_statuette.jpg

They wouldnt obstruct the view of the theatre, would be thematically correct and dress up the park area that will be soon be vacant.

StoneCutter589

Original Poster
I think it's interesting that at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom the weenie and the park icon are one in the same structure. For a while, this was true with the the Studios, with both the Hat and Theater. However, the Earful Tower deviates from this, as does the Tower of Terror.
With a renaming/re-themeing of the park in the works, does that mean an new icon/weenie is to come too?

Sage of Time

You know, DCA has all of the same problems. Sun Icon vs Grizzly Peak in 2001....

...and now Carthay Circle THEATER is just the icon AND weenie. Easy as that.

Though, Mickey's Fun Wheel IS in the logo for the park, so that's confusing, too.

Arthur Wellesley

You know, DCA has all of the same problems. Sun Icon vs Grizzly Peak in 2001....

...and now Carthay Circle THEATER is just the icon AND weenie. Easy as that.

Though, Mickey's Fun Wheel IS in the logo for the park, so that's confusing, too.
IOA sorta has the same iconic identity crisis. For awhile it was mainly the entrance lighthouse as the park's symbol. But in many publications & advertisements it's turned into the Hulk coaster, and more recently Hogwarts Castle.

Goofyernmost

Really hope they put something back in the nose spot so the hidden Mickey is restored.
I honestly would love to see the theater be both icon and weenie.
From what I have gathered is the there is a chance that Echo Lake is going to be history as well. If that is true the aerial view of the hidden Mickey will also be lost to history. It hasn't been recognizable for the last decade and a half anyway. Thankfully we do have pictures of what it was like in the beginning when little known things like that were important to Disney. A big blue pointy nose didn't create that image very well.

Sage of Time

IOA sorta has the same iconic identity crisis. For awhile it was mainly the entrance lighthouse as the park's symbol. But in many publications & advertisements it's turned into the Hulk coaster, and more recently Hogwarts Castle.
I'd still say the lighthouse is the weenie and icon... Hulk and Potter are just the bigger parts of IOA so they get top billing.

GEE, JUST LIKE THE BIG OLD HAT TAKING THE SPOTLIGHT AFTER 2001. COUGH COUGH. ;)

Sage of Time

From what I have gathered is the there is a chance that Echo Lake is going to be history as well. If that is true the aerial view of the hidden Mickey will also be lost to history. It hasn't been recognizable for the last decade and a half anyway. Thankfully we do have pictures of what it was like in the beginning when little known things like that were important to Disney. A big blue pointy nose didn't create that image very well.
If you're referring to the DHS plans that involve Echo Lake getting nixed... I think those plans have changed by now. I think. Not sure. I hope so, at least. The park needs more Ye Olde Hollywood than synergy and branding.

Goofyernmost

I think it's interesting that at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom the weenie and the park icon are one in the same structure. For a while, this was true with the the Studios, with both the Hat and Theater. However, the Earful Tower deviates from this, as does the Tower of Terror.
With a renaming/re-themeing of the park in the works, does that mean an new icon/weenie is to come too?
I sincerely doubt that. What you mentioned were in a way weenies, but they doubled as the park icon. There are other weenies at all the parks. MK for example has the train station, Main Street, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain and others. DHS will have an Icon (Earful) and already had other weenies like the theater, Tot and those big things, that I don't know the name of, at Star Tours.

Goofyernmost

If you're referring to the DHS plans that involve Echo Lake getting nixed... I think those plans have changed by now. I think. Not sure. I hope so, at least. The park needs more Ye Olde Hollywood than synergy and branding.
You could be right. All we have now is nothing official, just rumors, so I guess it's OK to just pick and choose which rumor to run with. :joyfull: Personally, and for no other reason then it really has no useful purpose other then being the left ear on the hidden Mickey, feel that sooner or later it will be turned into a parking lot, figuratively speaking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom