Hollywood Studios Icon

StoneCutter589

Original Poster
I apologize if this has been posted already, but with the removal of the "big hat" from the Studios, what is that park's icon? The Tower of Terror?

Sage of Time

The Earful Tower is, and always has been, the park's icon, or symbol.

The return of the Chinese Theater is merely a return of a thematically appropriate 'weenie', as Walt Disney liked to call it, at the end of Hollywood Blvd. The 'weenie' is there to draw guests down the street.

The BAH was an attempt to 'brand' the park for 100YOM, nothing more and nothing less.

CP_alum08

The return of the Chinese Theater is merely a return of a thematically appropriate 'weenie', as Walt Disney liked to call it, at the end of Hollywood Blvd. The 'weenie' is there to draw guests down the street.

The BAH was an attempt to 'brand' the park for 100YOM, nothing more and nothing less.
This is just blatantly false. The earful tower hasn't been the "icon" for years now, the hat has. Just recently have we started seeing the tower being used again as the icon again.

JasonDeyoung

I've always thought the Earful tower was and will be until something new comes along. Could never accept the hat as an icon, or a wand *gag*

Goofyernmost

This is just blatantly false. The earful tower hasn't been the "icon" for years now, the hat has. Just recently have we started seeing the tower being used again as the icon again.
While I agree with you that Disney did try to make the most of the BAH and called it an Icon for a number of years, to some of us the Earful Tower never stopped being how we identified the park. DHS has changed a lot during the years even a name change, yet, there are many that still insist on calling it MGM, which it never was anyway. It was always Disney/MGM Park. The sad thing is that continuing to call it MGM only identified a lot of people that were unwilling to accept change in any form. The interior didn't really change with the name so it just struck me as silly to get all hung up about it. However, there are many people that know their Disney History and know just how out of place the Hat was. Those of us that knew that still considered Earful Tower as the Icon and never that big blue ugly thing blocking the beauty of the street.

FettFan

I apologize if this has been posted already, but with the removal of the "big hat" from the Studios, what is that park's icon? The Tower of Terror?

The Earful Tower.
COVER_JAN_2013_poster.jpg

epcotisbest

I stood outside awhile ago and denied it was cold. Did not change the thermometer one degree.

NormC

When did they "Officially" retire the Earful Tower?? For many it has always been the icon. The Hat was a temporary celebration prop that just got to hang around in the way like the neighbor's kid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom