Hollywood or Epcot?

Jabbas

Which park would you pick for a 4 year old? We are doing two parks in January and we can’t decide between Hollywood or Epcot for our second park. We are doing Magic Kingdom of course. She loves finding Nemo, frozen, Toy Story, and cars. I know she would love the Aquarium at Epcot too. It’s her first time.

Weather_Lady

Are you going to have a DAS pass, or Genie+? If not, I wouldn't recommend Hollywood Studios, even though I think the theming would appeal to young children more than EPCOT. It has very few rides, so the lines for almost everything will be prohibitively long within the first hour after park opening. (On the other hand, it does have some shows, so if she likes live theater, that might weight in its favor.) If you have one of those "line helpers," though, I think Hollywood Studios would be the way to go.

EPCOT offers more in the way of "anytime attractions" to do in between headliners, but it's also geared more toward "edutainment," which tends to appeal to an older crowd.

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

I gather that you're going to Magic Kingdom. It is a wonderful park with all of the classic rides. Maybe nice and enjoyable for the family to have a meal with Winnie the Pooh and friends at the Crystal Palace. Who doesn't love Winnie the Pooh and friends? I would also say that Epcot would be a wonderful choice also. There is Akershus in Norway where you all can have a meal with the princesses. And if you'd like to venture out of the park, Sea World is fun and is a Certified Autism Central park:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

I’d go with Epcot for several reasons…Frozen Ever After I think would be perfect for her and as you said the aquarium, she might even like Ratatouille. I think the other great thing about Epcot for a special needs child is that in World Showcase, there are many quiet areas to allow her to relax and recharge. Either way, I’m sure she will enjoy her visit to WDW…

Upvote 0

Vegas Disney Fan

Personally I’d pick Animal Kingdom, kids (big and small) love animals, but of the two mentioned I’d pick Epcot, there’s not going to be a ton of rides for a 4 year old at Studios so Epcot will have more rides for a kid and be more fun to explore.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

With you telling us she enjoys Nemo Frozen and the Aquatics then I’d choose EP over DHS. TSL really isn’t that impressive enough to tilt that perk in favor of going. Turtle talk at EP will be fun for her as well. Go with what will give her more enjoyment. M & G with Figment will be added fun.

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

I’d go with Epcot for several reasons…Frozen Ever After I think would be perfect for her and as you said the aquarium, she might even like Ratatouille. I think the other great thing about Epcot for a special needs child is that in World Showcase, there are many quiet areas to allow her to relax and recharge. Either way, I’m sure she will enjoy her visit to WDW…
Wonderful advice. We've always enjoyed Ratatouille!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

The other advantage of EP is the Kidcot Zones in the pavillions. The kids get to do activities and interact with the CM's as they do variety of crafts, draw, color collect stamps of the countries.

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

The other advantage of EP is the Kidcot Zones in the pavillions. The kids get to do activities and interact with the CM's as they do variety of crafts, draw, color collect stamps of the countries.
That's wonderful that they do that. I wasn't aware they did that. We don't have children, but did take my nephew and niece a few years back to Dis. We also told my nephew and niece that we would take them to Epic Universe when it opens.

Upvote 0

Jabbas

Original Poster
Thank you for all the suggestions. I do agree, I always thought Studios would be the better choice but she loves fish. She stares at the fish tank at my sisters house for hours at a time! So we are going to do Epcot and MK. We live in FL, so for sure we can always do the other parks at another time. Also, Crystal palace sounds like a great idea!

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

Thank you for all the suggestions. I do agree, I always thought Studios would be the better choice but she loves fish. She stares at the fish tank at my sisters house for hours at a time! So we are going to do Epcot and MK. We live in FL, so for sure we can always do the other parks at another time. Also, Crystal palace sounds like a great idea!
Have a wonderful and magical time. Hope you all have great fun! :) :)

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

CP for breakfast or dinner?
Breakfast is better IMHO, and you MUST get Poohs puffed French toast…the BEST!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom