Hollywood Brown Derby vs Sci-Fi Dine In Theater

Which is better?

• Total voters

Phonedave

Sci-Fi was a 2 or 3 and done for me. - OK, it is a drive in. That was interesting for about 30 min (about as long as the movie reel lasts). Run of the mill burgers and such. I know it is part of the theme, but I like to see my food when I eat (I have the same issue with San Angel as well. Dim lighting is OK, dark is too much). But the real killer is the cars you eat in. Yeah, again, theming. In reality, horrendous seating arrangement for any party larger than 2. Unless you get the picnic tables, but now I am eating at a picnic table.

HBD has much nicer décor, a better menu, and a much better staff. The food at HBD has been good, bad, good, bad, and last I ate there (2 years ago or so) good again. It is pricier, but in my opinion it is a 'real' restaurant, as opposed to a burger joint with a gimmick.

Raxel7851

I’d like to include Mama Melrose in the thread. We were thinking of Sci Fi, but now I’m not too sure. We do enjoy Italian food, but had a dismal experience at Tony’s on Main St.

J4546

Sci Fi food was meh at best when I went, i liked interior but it was super dated def needs a major overhaul in looks and food. I think they should rebuild it and relocate it to Tomorrowland in MK and redo that entire area.

LittleBuford

Sci Fi food was meh at best when I went, i liked interior but it was super dated def needs a major overhaul in looks and food. I think they should rebuild it and relocate it to Tomorrowland in MK and redo that entire area.
What would you have them overhaul in terms of the theming?! It looks perfect!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It's many many times better than Tony's but I wouldn't exactly call it Italian food.

Its not what those from the NE part of the country would call Italian, but then again those are styles that are the result of punctuated waves of immigration with the substitution of local ingredients. The US version is also significantly heavier on cheese and meat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom