hollywood and vine

buckeyegator

Original Poster
how does the new menu for lunch,diner work? says it costs 55 dollars for a appetizer, entree and dessert, yet also says family style, which to me means you get different meats and veggies , like libert tree tavern, what gives?

carriebeth

You get a salad then choose and entree and then choose a dessert. Not like liberty tree but like Be Our Guest or Cinderella’s or anywhere else with a pri fix menu. It’s a single serving not unlimited

Jon81uk

The menu seems quite clear that the salad is family style and then you get a choice of entree and dessert.

It also states here https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/dining/hollywood-studios/hollywood-and-vine/
This spectacular lunch and dinner offers shared starters along with a choice of individual plated entrees and desserts.
seems clear you get one plated entree and dessert.

$55 doesn't seem worth it for the food, you are definitely paying a premium for character dining.

Even at Disney pricies it doesn't seem like more than about $40 of food.

nickys

Premium Member
I think the phrase “Family style“ is being used to indicate it is now brought to your table rather than being a buffet. Plus encompasses the shared starters.

Club Cooloholic

The menu seems quite clear that the salad is family style and then you get a choice of entree and dessert.

It also states here https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/dining/hollywood-studios/hollywood-and-vine/

seems clear you get one plated entree and dessert.

$55 doesn't seem worth it for the food, you are definitely paying a premium for character dining.

Even at Disney pricies it doesn't seem like more than about $40 of food.
Maybe the entrees are really large portions...almost shareable? But yes very high price. Dinner for 4 is over 200 without alcohol.

Dave B

Family Style usually means all you can eat, the difference being that you don't go to the buffet, which doesn't exist, you tell your server you want more of something and they bring it, similar to Whispering Canyon Café with the Skillets and OHANA at the Poly

nickys

Premium Member
Family Style usually means all you can eat, the difference being that you don't go to the buffet, which doesn't exist, you tell your server you want more of something and they bring it, similar to Whispering Canyon Café with the Skillets and OHANA at the Poly
Except in this case it doesn’t actually mean AYCE because you need to order one entree.

nickys

Premium Member
And then if you are still hungry you ask for more of that item
From the reviews I’ve read, that is not the case. You get one plate of food for the entree and desert, like any regular TS restaurant. The starter salad you get to share.

What I have read is that the food is excellent. Seems like they have gone from being the worst buffet on site to a good quality meal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom