'Hollywood and Vine' and Cinderella's Royal Table to return in late September along with more quick service options

slipperalwaysfits

What's the price for a meal at CRT without the characters?

$75, and really who would pay that without characters? I went for breakfast twice and wasn't so impressed with the food. Maybe dinner is better? Or maybe they think they can have lackluster food and service because they have princesses!

Animaniac93-98

$75, and really who would pay that without characters? I went for breakfast twice and wasn't so impressed with the food. Maybe dinner is better? Or maybe they think they can have lackluster food and service because they have princesses!

I thought you meant $75 inclusive, but then I just looked on the WDW and it says $75 + tax and gratuities for dinner, which was the price pre-COVID for character dining. Maybe they'll keep it the same, hopefully not.

Jon81uk

CRT always used to be tip-included wasn't it?

I don't think its worth $75 without the characters. We dined there about 10 years ago and the food was pretty good, but without characters I wouldn't want to pay more than $50 plus tax/tip for the three courses.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Cinderella’s Royal Table, the restaurant inside of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom, has seen a price cut due to a lack of characters when it reopens on September 24th. Reservations opened this morning, and here is the updated pricing:

Adults – $62 (down from $75)
Children – $37 (down from $45)"

Kevin_W

"Cinderella’s Royal Table, the restaurant inside of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom, has seen a price cut due to a lack of characters when it reopens on September 24th. Reservations opened this morning, and here is the updated pricing:

Adults – $62 (down from $75)
Children – $37 (down from $45)"

That's the same price as the prix fixe meal at Be or Guest, correct? Probably not a coincidence.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What’s the food quality even like at these restaurants...BOG is way overrated.

I agree BoG (dinner) was overrated. It was supposed to be fine cuisine, but it was just average. The giant room was too loud. The lighting tried to emulate candles flickering, but instead of individual bulbs flickering, they had sets of bulbs get bright and dim at the same time. So, not only was that unnatural, but distracting.

I've been to Cinderella Castle twice and both times the food was very good. The ambiance and the M&Gs were also excellent.

H&V is a cheap diner. And as such, it delivers. I went during the Christmas season and the food (buffet) was all the usual Thanksgiving and Christmas comfort foods: turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, gravy, niblet corn, cranberry bread, etc... All stuff I love, went back for thirds. As long as you don't expect fine cuisine, it's fine. And the M&Gs were great.

Jon81uk

I agree BoG (dinner) was overrated. It was supposed to be fine cuisine, but it was just average. The giant room was too loud. The lighting tried to emulate candles flickering, but instead of individual bulbs flickering, they had sets of bulbs get bright and dim at the same time. So, not only was that unnatural, but distracting.

I've been to Cinderella Castle twice and both times the food was very good. The ambiance and the M&Gs were also excellent.

H&V is a cheap diner. And as such, it delivers. I went during the Christmas season and the food (buffet) was all the usual Thanksgiving and Christmas comfort foods: turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, gravy, niblet corn, cranberry bread, etc... All stuff I love, went back for thirds. As long as you don't expect fine cuisine, it's fine. And the M&Gs were great.

I agree with this. Its been years since we visited. But Hollywood and Vine is fine buffet food, its nothing amazing but exactly what I expected. The price probably has got too high though.
Cinderella's was great the food was pretty good (but this was 10 years ago) and the characters made it magical. Plus we got swords (why can't a 29 year old be a big kid!) and then we did sword fighting while waiting to watch the fireworks that night.
I've only done BOG for lunch and it was fine. Not sure the food was significantly better than most other QS but having real silverware made it feel nicer.

Magenta Panther

What’s the food quality even like at these restaurants...BOG is way overrated.

Well, I had a very good meal experience at BoG. I had the scallops, as I remember (this was several years ago). I'd never had scallops before, and I thought they were delicious. Dessert was great too. I ate in the Ballroom, and later on visited the West Wing. Nice, but really, a bit small and Disney could have tried harder to make it a little more creepy IMO. But overall BoG was a great experience for me.

Cinderella's Royal Table was a nice surprise - the food was very good. I think I had beef and asparagus. Everything was well-cooked and tasty. I couldn't care less about character experiences, so if the Princesses never return, it would hardly be a deal-killer for me.

DVCakaCarlF

Speaking of the location, has anyone tried or experienced the party, pre covid, of course, that was $199/person? Was it worth it? I can’t imagine what you get for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom