Trip Report Holidays, Christmas Castle, and a Proposal

Dates: December 8th, 2019 to December 15th, 2019

Who: Me(Chloe) The Red Head surprised proposed to girlfriend. My Girlfriend(Anissa) the Sneaky one who kept the proposal a surprise.

Resort: Pop Century

Date of Proposal: December 12th, 2019 Magic Kingdom

Day 1 12/8/19: We left for BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport bright and early in the morning so we would be arriving in Orlando by 10:30 A.M. Everything went pretty smooth with check in and we were off and the flight was fine. We arrived on time at Orlando and got to the Magically Express and soon we were off to the Pop Century Resort. Once we boarded the Magical Express it actually started the Disney Magically feeling. We arrived way before our room was ready as we expected so we had a carry on bag with out bathing suits in them so we put them on after my girlfriend checked us in and we hung out splashing around at the pool and grabbing a bite to eat at the quick service area and some drinks as well for lunch. Once our room was ready we went to the room and unpacked everything and just relaxed a bit for later in the evening we were going Disney Springs for Chef Arts Homecoming. What a wonderful meal. After a little stroll around Disney Springs we headed back to Pop Century and to bed for out first day at the parks the next day.

106719356-706503696869419-8848343691209945401-n.jpg

105365280_701166124015633_4725348046383810254_n.jpg

104568239_649430778991640_8335031927669978146_n.jpg

,,, more to come

Last edited:

Mickey Pride

Original Poster
Honeymoon is probably more fun and way less stressful. Hope the two of you are doing ok in this crazy world!
We are doing fine. It was a rough start at a early age for me as I grew up in a unstable environment without a father and my mom was well unstable. Once I came out at the age of 14 my mom didn't want anything to do with that and pretty much forbid that. So I pretty much went to school/worked and lived in my bedroom for 4 years of my life. At the age of 18 I immediately packed up and moved into the crappy apartment, but I was free to be me. I got my CNA certificate and worked my butt off and a few years later I met the love of my life. Her family quickly became my family and we have been together ever since. We now have the support of many friends in and out of the LGBTQ community and her family. I am done with my family and have not spoken to my mom since I have moved out when I was 18 years old.

RememberWhen

We are doing fine. It was a rough start at a early age for me as I grew up in a unstable environment without a father and my mom was well unstable. Once I came out at the age of 14 my mom didn't want anything to do with that and pretty much forbid that. So I pretty much went to school/worked and lived in my bedroom for 4 years of my life. At the age of 18 I immediately packed up and moved into the crappy apartment, but I was free to be me. I got my CNA certificate and worked my butt off and a few years later I met the love of my life. Her family quickly became my family and we have been together ever since. We now have the support of many friends in and out of the LGBTQ community and her family. I am done with my family and have not spoken to my mom since I have moved out when I was 18 years old.
I’m sorry to hear about your rough start. It’s a sad but not uncommon occurrence. I’m glad you found a loving family and I wish you all the happiness!

Mickey Pride

Original Poster
I’m sorry to hear about your rough start. It’s a sad but not uncommon occurrence. I’m glad you found a loving family and I wish you all the happiness!
Thank you so much. Yes, I consider not only my fiancé’ mother and father future in laws,,but they have also treated me like a daughter as well. Way more than my own mother did in 18 years.

Swissmiss

Premium Member

As a mother, your post saddens me to read how your mother reacted when you came out. You are who you are and that should be enough for any parent to accept you and love you. But, that having been said, your post also makes me happy that your fiance’s family has taken you in as their own. 😊

Mickey Pride

Original Poster
As a mother, your post saddens me to read how your mother reacted when you came out. You are who you are and that should be enough for any parent to accept you and love you. But, that having been said, your post also makes me happy that your fiance’s family has taken you in as their own. 😊
Growing up even before I came out my mom had many issues. My mom is an alcoholic and also during the 18 years of my life living there brought in several shall I say shady men into our life and home. Mom definitely was not a good influence on my life and I am so glad to have found first the love of my life and her parents who also love me like a daughter as well.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Growing up even before I came out my mom had many issues. My mom is an alcoholic and also during the 18 years of my life living there brought in several shall I say shady men into our life and home. Mom definitely was not a good influence on my life and I am so glad to have found first the love of my life and her parents who also love me like a daughter as well.

Sounds like despite it all you made it through and are where you’re meant to be. (Hmm, as I type this I’m hearing a disney song in my head 😆. Or at least a song that is on my running playlist).

Songbird76

I'm glad you have a family you are close to now. My brother's in-laws are like that too. They've become his family and even they treat ME like a daughter. My dad couldn't accept him being gay and didn't show up at the wedding, (though they started repairing the relationship when they had a daughter) and my mom just pretended that he wasn't gay. She passed away before he got married, so it was just me who was there from our family, and one cousin. I'm glad he has his in-laws, as I'm on another continent. It's nice for him to have family there. Do you have siblings?

Mickey Pride

Original Poster
I'm glad you have a family you are close to now. My brother's in-laws are like that too. They've become his family and even they treat ME like a daughter. My dad couldn't accept him being gay and didn't show up at the wedding, (though they started repairing the relationship when they had a daughter) and my mom just pretended that he wasn't gay. She passed away before he got married, so it was just me who was there from our family, and one cousin. I'm glad he has his in-laws, as I'm on another continent. It's nice for him to have family there. Do you have siblings?
It is nice to have support that is for sure. No, I am an only child. I have grown to accept the way the situation is as I have not spoken to my mom or anyone in my family since I was 18. My mom actually has no idea where I am or I have no idea if she is at the same location she was at when I moved out 7 years ago. My situation right now could not be any better and I really couldn't see me adding that pressure of trying to reconnect with my mother at this time.

DouglasE

I don't know what I'm doing reading a trip report while hungry. That is a big mistake. That pizza from Via Napoli looked so good. How great that your girlfriend was able to keep the engagement a surprise for you. I can't believe she waited until day 5. I would need to do it on day 1 because I'd be freaking out the whole time. It seemed like it was a bit of a blur for you by the way you described it. I love the picture of your proposal. How incredible!

I'm glad that you have been able to create a family for yourself. As a fellow member of the rainbow, my friends have become that for me. I'm sure during this time of pandemic having a support system makes life easier. All my best.

Mickey Pride

Original Poster
Thank you both. I have no idea how she waited, she is like that though. Not me though. I would have done it on the plane ride down. :) It was a blur. It was one of those surreal moments where everything seemed to be moving in slow motion but it wasn't.

I tell you I couldn't have met a more special person in my Fiance and I do know why she turned out so special. It is because of the two people that raised her. Her mother and father. They are amazing people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom