Holiday Tours

Mystic

My mom and I did the Yuletide Fantasy Tour on our December trip in 06. We thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who likes to do the tours or is looking to learn about Christma. We started out going to some of the World Showcase Pavilions (not actually IN the pavilions as they weren't open yet) to learn about how Christmas was celebrated in those countries along with some of their Christmas traditions (like the Christmas pickle in Germany). We then made our way to the Grand Floridian where we learned about how they decorate the hotels for the holidays and about the amazing gingerbread and chocolate holiday creations that are made and on display at the various resorts. We even got a sample of the gingerbread that is sold inside the Gingerbread house in the GF. After the GF we were off to the Christmas workshop where we learned how the CMs that work there create all the wonderful decorations. We finished up at MK where were learned about the park trees and decorations. We were there over the weekend that they did the parade taping so the tree was down by the castle. They explained how they move the tree from it's spot near the castle down to the hub by the train station. All in all it was a good tour and one I would do again. I'm off to find myself a Christmas Pickle in Germany when I'm there in October.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I went in '06 also and we went to EP, MGM, AKL, MK and the xmas warehouse. I thought the tour was great and very informative. The two CM's who ran the tour were very senior people and knew quite a bit. They were even able to answer my question about the GF tree being shorter.

If I recall correctly the tour is about $65 and we did get a slight AP discount. The tour met at Epcot's front gate at 8:45a for the 9:00a departure and ended about noon. http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/tours.htm#yul

Upvote 0

Mystic

It was $65 and 3.5 hours long. We met outside Guest Relations OUTSIDE Epcot's front entrance at 8:45 for a 9am start. We had 2 tour guides from the Disney Institute and they were fantastic. Very enthusiastic and very knowledgable.

I forgot to mention in my other post that we also went to MGM where they told us about the Osborne Lights and we got to see the Nativity Scene that used to be in the Italian Pavilion in Epcot but got moved because people kept trying to steal the baby Jesus.

You'll also get a special collector's tour pin that is only given to people who have done the tour.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom