holiday decorations in Jan '09

ariels

Original Poster
I,m leaving for Disney on Jan 2nd '09. Does anyone know if any of the holiday decorations will still be up? And what will the weather be like?

Jaytrod

You are in luck

The Osborne's spectacle of lights will be going until January 4th so you will just make it.. The rest of the decorations at the other parks should still be up as well. :xmas: The weather should be pretty cold.. January and February are usually the coldest months of the year for us Floridians with February being a bit colder. Dress in layers so you can peal off 1 or 2 if you get warm and you can always add more when you are cold.

Jaytrod

Thanks! Are the parks busy at this time?

I wouldnt expect them to be too busy.. Most children should be back in school after the Christmas break by then. You will have left overs from the people that came for New Years but it should get better everyday you are there.

We went the same time last year and it was COLD! Good thing we were coming from Detroit, where it was cold so we had our coats. I think I was only in shorts on the last day we were there. We stayed at POFQ and the pool didn't open until our last day.
In terms of crowds, it was busy, but there was a deal going on but we managed.
The decorations will still be up when you go. It's cool to see the different trees at the different parks.
Have fun!

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
Bring your gloves. We go in January a lot. I always see people wishing they had gloves. A scarf, gloves, and gloves are easy to pack and offer lots of warmth. Also remember you poncho's. Add the rain to the cold, and it gets freezing cold:cool:.

disney4life2008

We went the same time last year and it was COLD! Good thing we were coming from Detroit, where it was cold so we had our coats. I think I was only in shorts on the last day we were there. We stayed at POFQ and the pool didn't open until our last day.
In terms of crowds, it was busy, but there was a deal going on but we managed.
The decorations will still be up when you go. It's cool to see the different trees at the different parks.
Have fun!

I will be there January 1st through the 12th... I hope the weather is not too cold. I remember last year there was a freezing cold temps in Orlando in January.. 30s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom