Holding in a laugh at disney.

vintageepcot

Original Poster
Sappy alert....
One thing that seems to happen to me at least once on each trip is a small child will absent-mindedly think I'm his/her mother while in line or standing around in a crowd (I guess I'm hopelessly average!).

I'll suddenly have some arms wrapped around my leg, or a little hand grasping for mine. Inevitably, a split second later, said child realizes the mistake and looks up to give me a frightened expression, sometimes horrified, and runs to mom.

It's so hard not to laugh, because their faces always look so funny, but it's such a sweet thing to have happen... but the kids are already embarrassed, so I have to hold it in, smile at them and say something like "it's okay, I'm a mom too."

I have done stuff like that there and yes it is horrifying and the most imbarising thing to happen at that age. I started hitting some guy with a fake sword thinking it was my dad when I was around 4-5.

Wishes 1971

Who's that grabbing me?????

Several years ago, we were in line at PoTC…down the dimly lit pathways. After some length of time waiting, my mom decided to pull a prank on my brother…..she reached up and grabbed his rear end and said in a “disguised” voice “hey there handsome!”. Much to her surprise….the STRANGER in front of her turned around and gave her that “WHO are you and WHAT do you think you’re doing look????”. She then turned around to find my brother had moved from in front of her to the back of our group (we were traveling with grandparents, parents and kids….so 18 in our party). Needless to say, we all shared a laugh at my mother’s expense when she shared the story later that day.

fraumaus

Well, old stories with my family:

Gramma and I were getting off Mr. Toad, where the tape repeats over and over again, "When the car stops, please stand up and exit to your left...." What does she do? Exits to the right, and promptly tumbles all over the set. CMs come running and the whole ride is shut down to rescue her. She was okay, so afterwards it was a funny moment we wouldn't let her forget. We would repeat instructions to her after everything. "Got it, Gramma? OK!"

Then one night we were at DTD. Dad had something bad to eat, and had to rush off to the bathroom. He came back, saying that while he was on the can, someone came in and exclaimed, "Whew! Smells like someone had the chili!" He didn't live that one down, either. Still an ongoing family joke, 20 years later.

caslers

We were a Animal Kingdom, I was at a table waiting on DH to get lunch. I love to take pictures, I took some pictures of a bird (the ones that are everywhere) He was pretty close to me...I was under a tree, then he flew up in the tree and pooped on my head...I just sat there, not knowing what to do, didn't really want to give up my seat...a CM, who was taking out the trash, gave me a wash cloth and some napkins...needless to say, I am more careful about what animals I take pictues of! :ROFLOL:

jrashadb

Once I was on my way out of Tomorrowland, going towards the hub, when I saw a family --Mom, Dad, other adults and older siblings (probably) and a kid of about 3 or 4 in a Disney stroller-- on their way in. They were right next to the Laugh Factory. The kid in the stroller was screaming... not crying, just screaming. He was in desperate need of attention, but nobody was paying attention to him. They were stopped and looking at a guidebook or something.

Anyway, once the kid in the stroller realized that nobody was paying attention to him, he stopped screaming, calmly got out of the stroller, walked around and promptly kicked his dad in a... sensitive area.

Now... I don't normally laugh at stuff like that, but I was exhausted and in a bad mood when I saw this and I laughed about it off and on for about two hours for the rest of the night.

To this day, I still chuckle when I walk past the Laugh Factory. Good times.

captain marvel1

:ROFLOL:my funny moment is when we were leaving the park at 11 park closing. we saw this kid with a yellow kinda female back pack he was a rainbow politically correct term which is fine i have nothing against that. however he was skipping and singing all the way to the monorail. it gets better he made the biggest mistake a cm can possibly make by doing his skit in public. he was one of the cms who played peter pan. my mom asked him on the monorail. he couldnt say yes because their was other kids on the train. he showed my mom the hidden pin that they wear to distinguish themselves and he confirmed he was a cm when i asked him before my mom asked him if he was peter pan. so moral of the story never ever do your skits in public wait until your home:ROFLOL:.

Mikester71

The funniest thing is that I was the one who always wanted to go on the ride, but couldn't drag my boyfriend anywhere near it. After 3 trips and 3 beers at the Brown Derby he was finally ready to go, and I was the one who turned out to be the bigger chicken. (Don't tell him I said that.) :p

Don't worry...I won't! :ROFLOL:I have only rode it the once myself (on our first trip back in 2005). My poor wife had to ride it by herself our second trip because me and my daughter had chickened out and she finally got my daughter to ride it with her our last trip this past March. She was just a shaking when they got off too (my daughter that is)! :ROFLOL:

So it sounds like maybe I should try a few ginger ales to build up some courage next time we are down there before embarking to Disney Studios. And by ginger ales, I mean beer or rye and cokes, of course! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom