Hold everything....we're going back??

draybook

You read that right, boys and girls. Dray and his family are going back to WDW this year. The only question is, do we go in September or October? We have a bounceback set for September 8-17, but the wife said she wants to go during October.

I guess for now I'm going to keep our bounceback and set dining reservations until we see October's park hours. Plus I need to see last year's FD line-up so I can get an idea of when we want to go.

I told her that I knew it was a matter of time before she caught the Disney bug again and after spending time in Atlanta this past weekend it hit her. I'm pretty psyched myself.

Tinkerbell397

We just cannot help ourselves. After our trip in September 2013, we said....that's it for a few years. Not going back....so many other places to see. Well.....we're going back in November 2014 with my daughter, son in law and granddaughter. First time off site at my daughter and son in laws Marriott Timeshare. The hotel looks spectacular....3 bedroom suite. Maybe it will give us the opportunity to explore other possibilities in the area but I must confess, staying onsite is my preference. I love the compete Disney Experience. :cat:

Upvote 0

draybook

Original Poster
WHAT? You're DITCHING DL! *SIGH* Guess I'll have to experience it without your trip report. lol

Yeah, at least for this year. I'm still going to go out there for my sister's wedding, but I won't be going inside the parks. I did promise my daughter that I would send her a pic of the Matterhorn, and if it's free to get into DtD I will purouse through there as well.

I was going to spend a day at DL solo but I want to experience it with my wife and kids since it would be their first time.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

You read that right, boys and girls. Dray and his family are going back to WDW this year. The only question is, do we go in September or October? We have a bounceback set for September 8-17, but the wife said she wants to go during October.

I guess for now I'm going to keep our bounceback and set dining reservations until we see October's park hours. Plus I need to see last year's FD line-up so I can get an idea of when we want to go.

I told her that I knew it was a matter of time before she caught the Disney bug again and after spending time in Atlanta this past weekend it hit her. I'm pretty psyched myself.

I believe the F&W fest start Sept 19th this year, so you may be able to keep your bounceback with some minor changes. If that helps.
Either way as long as you promise to dress up as Troy Polamalu again for MNSSHP, Ill be looking forward to your trip report! :D

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member

As an Atlantan, I am curious as to what in our fair city caused your wife to get the Disney bug? o_O

As for deciding between Sept/Oct, we have found the weather to be better in October (not so humid that you want to die, LOL) but you may be limited to how you can apply your current bounceback discount.

And there is no charge to walk around DTD in California. But remember, it sits right next to Disneyland and DCA and it may prove awfully tempting to visit one of those awesome parks...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

draybook

Original Poster
As an Atlantan, I am curious as to what in our fair city caused your wife to get the Disney bug? o_O

As for deciding between Sept/Oct, we have found the weather to be better in October (not so humid that you want to die, LOL) but you may be limited to how you can apply your current bounceback discount.

And there is no charge to walk around DTD in California. But remember, it sits right next to Disneyland and DCA and it may prove awfully tempting to visit one if those awesome parks...

I think she said the zoo gave her that Animal Kingdom feel and she decided that we could go back.

As a Mempian, I must say that I think Atlanta drivers are almost as bad as the ones here. I do wish we had an HOV setup here like the ones you guys have, it's wonderful. Especially when trying to exit on 249/Williams Street. That exit and intersection is a complete nightmare.

Upvote 0

draybook

Original Poster
Wow, no Disneyland? That's unfortunate, I was looking forward to your epic return trip report. Oh well.

Well, hopefully we can make the trip next year. We just had a lot going on this year, so that didn't help any because I didn't quite have enough PTO to use to cover a full California trip. It's a bummer for sure, but I'm so excited to see some of the places I grew up near.

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm pretty psyched myself.

Luv bug season!

Upvote 0

KCheatle

Great!! That's always exciting when you get the final confirmation that you're "cleared to book" - :) That's how I think of it anyway when my DH gives me the thumbs up (and I usually hear the Soarin' music in the my head as I think of "cleared to book") :) But, I digress..

I've never been in October, but I love going in September. If you get to the parks in the morning, it literally feels like you own them. There is just no one there. It's a fantastic feeling, and something I think I'll miss this upcoming July trip. But I have always wanted to try the FAWF -- so there's something to be said about that??? Looks like a win-win to me!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom