Hog's Head

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
Does anyone know if they have gone back to serving beverages other than just butterbeer here? I had heard when the park originally opened that they had a beer brewed up specifically for this pub, which I was super excited about, but then they stopped serving it due to the butterbeer demand.

hawkwood

We went there this past weekend for the first time to check it out. The bar was serving what they said was a local brew specific for the attraction. It was a nice, hoppy, amber beer.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
End of August they were serving two types of beer. The local brew and I think Bud on tap.

crazydaveh

The so called "local brew" they serve is very mainstream. It's the Generic "Amber" or "Red" beers that a lot of restaurants call their own. It's the "Aruba Red" at Bahama Breeze, the Red beer at Red Lobster, and the Red beer at Margaritaville. Many other chains have it as well.

Get the point? It's made by Anheuser Busch. It's not that special to Universal and it's not that good.

If you're in Orlando and want to try some real local beer, hit up Orlando Brewing. It's downtown and has great brews on tap.

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestion. We only have a rental car for one day, our last day, so it might be rough. I do enjoy a good beer sampler though...

joeA_baddolphin

The so called "local brew" they serve is very mainstream. It's the Generic "Amber" or "Red" beers that a lot of restaurants call their own. It's the "Aruba Red" at Bahama Breeze, the Red beer at Red Lobster, and the Red beer at Margaritaville. Many other chains have it as well.

Get the point? It's made by Anheuser Busch. It's not that special to Universal and it's not that good.

If you're in Orlando and want to try some real local beer, hit up Orlando Brewing. It's downtown and has great brews on tap.

Agreed. It's also the "Safari Amber" over at Animal Kingdom. There are better brews on tap at the Hogs Head Tavern. If you're eating at the Three Broomsticks grab a beer over there and then get your food, or vice versa. BTW, yes they are serving it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom