HO JO Howard Johnsons Motels

MnDisneyFan

Original Poster
Has anyone stayed at any of the Howard Johnson Motels in and around Kissimmee? We are looking around at a place to stay while going to Disney.

We have read other posting but can't find anything on HO JO's.

Thanks, MNDisneyFan

Dodge34

Stayed at the Howard Johnson Maingate East in January 2001, clean rooms, heated pool and hot tub, quick and friendly service, the only problem was the electronic keycard was never working properly to open my door, but I guess they have a new system now 6 yrs later, I plan a trip to Disney from March 3rd to March 12th 2007 and I've planned to stay at the same hotel, their pool is one of the best you can find, and they have a hot tub, not too many hotels offer this at their prices : http://www.hojomge.com is their official website

Becky

Has anyone stayed at any of the Howard Johnson Motels in and around Kissimmee? We are looking around at a place to stay while going to Disney.

We have read other posting but can't find anything on HO JO's.

Thanks, MNDisneyFan

They changed the names from Ho Jo to just Howard Johnson. I stayed there for years when they had different names. Then they purchased the run down motel next door and when I booked HJ Maingate East they put me in the next door place. It was not nice at all. We have never been back. Pay a little more and stay on property.

Nut4Disney

We stayed at the HOJO on 192 and Vineland Rd. about 7 yrs ago and it was the nastiest motel I've ever stayed in. I would look up some reviews on tripadvisor.com or epinions.com before booking.

minnie2000

We stayed at the HJ Maingate East (I think) next to Water Mania in March 2000.

It was OK, but I would not go back.

Because we travel from the UK, this is a big holiday for us and we really want a bit of comfort. The hotel would be OK for a few nights for a cheap holiday, but we were hoping for something a bit nicer.

The room was old-fashioned and felt damp. We could hear people snoring next door. It was my first stay as an adult in Florida, and I didn't like the outside corridor setup, I prefer to be inside a building (if that makes sense) as I feel safer, especially as at that time there was a lot on the news about shootings in Orlando. (Although the highlight of the holiday was seeing an armadillo in the grass outside our room - never seen one before!)

The hotel was situated on the 192, behind a petrol station, and we felt the area was a bit tacky.

We still enjoyed our holiday, but would not go back to a HJ. However, I know it was closed for refurbishment after we were there, so it may be different now.

Rabflmom

When Hurricane Floyd was coming and most of the county evacuated to Orlando, we stayed at Howard Johnson West Gate. That was 2003 so maybe things have changed but the rooms were sort of rundown. There were stains which bothered me. I realize it was not under normal circumstance; but we probably would not choose that hotel to even ride out a hurricane again.

dariodiaz

There is a HoJo Maingate East at Route 192 (Irlo Bronson Hwy) just off I4 minutes away by car from all Disney Parks. HoJo Maingate East is affordable and only walking distance from Old Town. Good for those who spend all day at the Parks and only come back to the hotel to sleep or enjoy the pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom