Hmm, idea for a ride..what do you think?

StarscreamLSU

Original Poster
Okay I've been thinking of tis for a ong time, and I still have a few details to iron out but here it goes. While it's still a little cliche' in some areas, I still think it has a few intresting bits. This is a ride based around TRON and would be placed in EPCOT.

SETUP/STORY

Some company (right now, I'm calling it E-Transport for lack of a better, catchier name) has found a way to use the internet to transport people. Similar to Body Wars, people are shrunk down (in a transport device of course), but instead of being sent through the human body, they are sent electronically to where ever their destination is. While this is still very expirimental, it could revolutionize travel. Everyone in the company is thrilled, except for that one shady character (still not sure who this could be, but someone who doesn't like the idea since it could hurt his buisness - maybe an airline rep or something???) who, while no-one is looking, sabotages the hub and switches a few wires (those with a perceptive eye will be able to see him do this during the 'preshow'). The transport is fired up, and as the case usually goes things go a little 'caa-caa' and you end up going inside the TRON game grid. The rest of the ride is you dodging lite-cycles, tanks, and walkers as you try to escape the grid.

THE RIDE
It's a motion simulator, similar to Star Tours, only the screen is on the sides and above as well as in front. You enter the cabin from the back. While you are being seated, the screen (which is all around the cabin) will project this big lab area that is all a buzz with techs preparing you for the trip) The head guy then comes out and tells you about where you're going (maybe say you're going to travel to the hub in Disneyland if you're in WDW??) and maybe throw in a 'long drive w\ screaming kids' joke?. This is when you would be able to see that guy (or girl) sabaotage the machine if you look for it.

Like I said, it still needs alot of hammering out and polish, but what do you think so far? Also, it could be sponsored by AT&T or something.

woofboy111

It ride part sounds good, but I think Tron is too old. Too many people have never seen that movie to get the game grid part of the ride. Maybe if you get a newer movie, or just come up with a story for the ride, I think it may do a little better. Also, I think thats a cool idea for simulators. It would be even better if you could get a screen under your feet as well.

StarscreamLSU

Original Poster
Actually, you'd be surprised how many people actually remember TRON. But I do remember hearing about talks of TRON 2.0 about a year ago.

woofboy111

Oh...I would love a new Tron to come out.

Attachments

• sorcerermickey.gif
    sorcerermickey.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 150

Chad

I sorta was holding off for saying anythign here because I never saw tron, but I had a thought.
You have a real talent for coming up with the ride stories, that sounds great! But because it circles around TRON which is a movie, shoudn't it be in MGM?

That was just a thought, I also came up with this. Tron was a game, right? Why not make this a game of sorts..Give em' little blaster guns that they can shoot the screen with and wrack up points..That would make it alot more fun. But GREAT idea about the whole room being the simulator, that would be awesome! I think I need to go see the movie...

StarscreamLSU

Original Poster
YEah - it could go in MGM, but I fell it ties in a little more with EPCOT and technology, plus EPCOT can use all the rides it can.

Also, back on World of Motion (or was it Horizons?) there was a part where they showed the master grid of TRON (the big city).

You don't have to call the thing TRON exactly, but maybe have a communications pavilion (like the Life pavilion) and this can be housed in there.

The light gun idea is cool, but doesn't seem like it jives with the simulator ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom