HM: Unofficial Guide 2008 ?

GrimGrinninAnna

Original Poster
I hate starting rumors, especcially ridiculous ones, but last night I flipped through the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2008 edition at the Staten Island Barnes and Noble. They detail all the rides very thoroughly, and I noticed a note on the HM.

I don't have the book in front of me, so this is paraphrased, but it mentions a new feature possibly coming soon to the Haunted Mansion where riders will be able to "capture" a ghost with cell phones as they ride, and take this ghost home with them, living up to the hitchiking ghosts following you home bit. I haven't heard anything about this before, and I stay pretty up-to-date, so I was wondering where he could have gotten this from. Any ideas?

Ps: This is the book as listed on Amazon, in case anyone wants to sneak a peak.

MrToad1

If that is true, what would keep people from taking snapshots throughout the entire rest of the ride? I hope this is not true.

dreamfinder

My guess is that it wouldn't be a picture taking opportunity. But rather a small program/wallpaper type deal that you can dl to your cell phone. Via Bluetooth, WAP, or something similar. Of course, not all cell phones would work. But other companies have similar types of things at billboards and such to allow you to interact with the billboard. So you would get a little animated ghost that dances around your cell phone. Maybe feed him and such. Kinda like Nintendogs.

**THIS WHOLE POST IS PURELY SPECULATION : ) **

primetime52

My guess is that it wouldn't be a picture taking opportunity. But rather a small program/wallpaper type deal that you can dl to your cell phone. Via Bluetooth, WAP, or something similar. Of course, not all cell phones would work. But other companies have similar types of things at billboards and such to allow you to interact with the billboard. So you would get a little animated ghost that dances around your cell phone. Maybe feed him and such. Kinda like Nintendogs.

**THIS WHOLE POST IS PURELY SPECULATION : ) **

Agreed ^^. There's no way they would encourage people to take snap shots during the ride, it happens too much already. It's much more likely to be a downloading type of thing, as mentioned by dreamfinder.

GrimGrinninAnna

Original Poster
That's what I'm thinking as well. The book also mentions this may be in Dinosaur, with a nano-pet type dino you bring home.
I'm going to go read it again tonight and see if I can post a picture of the page and make some sense out of this, but it really shouldn't be in a guide book when it's speculation.

Thiger

The technology exists, but i bet it will be via kiosk as a) you leave the ride or b) stand in line

Cant wait to have a hitch hiking ghost in t minus 45 days!!! WOOO!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom