Historically, what promos does WDW offer after Thanksgiving but before Christmas?

SandyDale

Sorry, if this has been asked before, I'm new here!

We are planning a trip sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas and are wondering what kinds of specials Disney offers during this time. Has anyone done this? Also, what weeks do they offer them?

(I know no one can tell me what they will offer this year, I'm just wondering about previous years.)

Oh, and also, when do they generally put up the Christmas decorations?

THANKS!

RiversideBunny

They tend to use the Pop Warner week to help fill in that slower time.

In terms of promotions for the general public, there might be a room discount.
Usually there is not a 'free' dining offer but I think last year they got desperate and gave one all the way up till Christmas week. I think Value resorts got just Quick Service and the others got the regular dining plan.
Of course to get the 'free' dining the guests had to pay full rates for the rooms.
In many cases the room discount can be better, particularly for the Moderate and Deluxe resorts.

BTW- If you book via Kingdom Konsultants, a sponsor on here, they will automatically watch for a better deal for you if it comes out after you book.
http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com/

Good luck.
:)

BTW- The Christmas decorations are officially in place the day after Thanksgiving day. Some are up before that time.

Upvote 0

SandyDale

Original Poster
Thank you for your reply! Greatly appreciated!

I'd like to go ahead and book, but I'm not one to do Disney full price! LOL

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

As the previous poster mentioned, in the past they have offered free dining and in 2008 when we went the 1st and 2nd week in Dec they offered a % off the room price. If you go to mousesavers.com, there is a page on there that lists historical discounts and when they became available for several years back.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

In 2008, I got a free dining promotion code at a Disney Visa holder for the 3rd week in December. It came out sometime just before Thanksgiving, and I was able to apply it to my existing reservation staying at the Contemporary.

Last year, they were offering free dining again, and I booked POR for the 2nd week of December. Then they offered the buy 4/get 3 deal that was effective starting the 3rd week. I switched to that, bought the QS dining plan and was able to gain 2 nights and 2 days for the same price as my previous reservation.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom