Hiro and Baymax leaving this week?

NMBC1993

Aww...well that's a bummer! When I was at Studios a few weeks ago I made a point to actually stop into the Magic of Animation building (which I haven't done in years) hoping to see Baymax. Unfortunately, he and Hiro had stepped out for a bit to "save the day" (or possibly inflation adjustment if some of these posts are true). Since my group and I were on a tight schedule, and given the fact that Ralph and Vanellope had been there for two years, we figured we'd catch them on our next trip after the new year.

Well this is the last time I assume Disney is going to do something based on their track record (it's just so easy to do given their history of changing offerings on a regular basis).

Last edited:

Tinkrbell

They were originally scheduled to leave this weekend, but it doesn't appear as though that is really happening. There are still performers, technicians, & costuming for Baymax being scheduled. Although they haven't officially told us that he's staying.

As someone who has worked with the Baymax costume, I haven't heard anything about him having problems with "regularly deflating" while on set.

asianway

Aww...well that's a bummer! When I was at Studios a few weeks ago I made a point to actually stop into the Magic of Animation building (which I haven't done in years) hoping to see Baymax. Unfortunately, he and Hiro had stepped out for a bit to "save the day" (or possibly inflation adjustment if some of these posts are true). Since my group and I were on a tight schedule, and given the fact that Ralph and Vanellope had been there for three years, we figured we'd catch them on our next trip after the new year.

Well this is the last time I assume Disney is going to do something based on their track record (it's just so easy to do given their history of changing offerings on a regular basis).
Wreck it Ralph was released two years ago...

But one year is usually max for the location & Robinsons was under six months if I recall. So many logistics problems with big hero 6, but Monday was never the last day at the studios

NMBC1993

Wreck it Ralph was released two years ago...

But one year is usually max for the location & Robinsons was under six months if I recall. So many logistics problems with big hero 6, but Monday was never the last day at the studios

Your right, it was two. My math isn't the best at 9 in the morning:p

Cmdr_Crimson

They were originally scheduled to leave this weekend, but it doesn't appear as though that is really happening. There are still performers, technicians, & costuming for Baymax being scheduled. Although they haven't officially told us that he's staying.

As someone who has worked with the Baymax costume, I haven't heard anything about him having problems with "regularly deflating" while on set.

WDWENT.com site doesn't show them on the Schedule...http://wdwent.com/st/st.htm

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Original Poster

Thanks for clearing that up!

WhatJaneSays

They aren't on the park times guide either which is most of what he posts.
Hiro and Baymax haven’t been on the times guide for a little while but they were still appearing over the holidays. I’m heading over to Studios tomorrow so I’ll have to check it out.

the.dreamfinder

Theory: The Studios, as in The Walt Disney Studios, could be paying the M&G's operating expenses and TDO doesn't want to pick up the bill when that agreement expires.

WDWFantasmicFan

I wonder if Hiro and Baymax may be replaced with Olaf or Marshmallow from Frozen? Them M&G's in California seem to be popular, and it might bring some more people into the studios?

FoozieBear

Seems like a pretty short run, considering the movie is still in theaters and the Blu-Ray wasn't even released. I would expect them to stay until April at the earliest.

FoozieBear

Theory: The Studios, as in The Walt Disney Studios, could be paying the M&G's operating expenses and TDO doesn't want to pick up the bill when that agreement expires.

I really hate to be "that guy", but what does TDO stand for? I see it mentioned here a lot on the forums and I'm completely clueless what it means.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom