Hired!

Vii

I would call and let them know: 1) that you have applied and that you are interested in what the "next steps" may be. 2) Let them know that you expected to receive an e-mail to complete a web-based interview and such e-mail has not yet been received. And 3) Express enthusiasm for the position.

Every time I call, I get told to wait as it could take up to 6 months for them to get to me. And I think the web-based interview email are only for people that pretty much got the job - they don't send that to everyone, I don't think. I even considered the college program, after all this wait, but I just don't have time for that. I think if you call the casting center, only the receptionists answer the calls and give you general information that you already know. Wonder if there's a direct number to speak to one of the casting people :/

Brutus Buckeye

Original Poster
Every time I call, I get told to wait as it could take up to 6 months for them to get to me. And I think the web-based interview email are only for people that pretty much got the job - they don't send that to everyone, I don't think. I even considered the college program, after all this wait, but I just don't have time for that. I think if you call the casting center, only the receptionists answer the calls and give you general information that you already know. Wonder if there's a direct number to speak to one of the casting people :/
Did you ever receive a confirmation email?

My confirmation was subsequently followed by a web-interview e-mail, not even 5 minutes almost 30 secs apart.

Vii

Did you ever receive a confirmation email?

My confirmation was subsequently followed by a web-interview e-mail, not even 5 minutes almost 30 secs apart.

Whaaat,30 seconds!! Yes, I did get a confirmation email, but no web-based interview whatsoever. Weird! I've been planning to go to the casting center myself but I'm afraid it'd be useless since I already applied, Lol.

Brutus Buckeye

Original Poster
I looked back through this thread and if I'm correct, you applied for a quick service dining position? That is a position that should initiate a web-based interview. You should check you junk e-mail to see if it was filtered.

Also, you should contact Casting ask for someone other than their switchboard. When you get a real person, build a relationship, get their e-mail and direct number, explain to them why you are so interested in the position. Ask if they can assist you on your DREAM.

Vii

I looked back through this thread and if I'm correct, you applied for a quick service dining position? That is a position that should initiate a web-based interview. You should check you junk e-mail to see if it was filtered.

Also, you should contact Casting ask for someone other than their switchboard. When you get a real person, build a relationship, get their e-mail and direct number, explain to them why you are so interested in the position. Ask if they can assist you on your DREAM.

Yep, that's what I applied for! I think I put attractions as my second choice.. forgot what my third choice was.

Any who, I called them and was told that not everyone receives a web-based interview and it may take up to 6 months.. and they told me to just wait it out or reapply after 6 months.. I asked if there was anyone else I could speak to, but they told me something about how they can't expedite the process and pull out a certain application as it wouldn't be fair (something along those lines.) :/

Brutus Buckeye

Original Poster
Yep, that's what I applied for! I think I put attractions as my second choice.. forgot what my third choice was.

Any who, I called them and was told that not everyone receives a web-based interview and it may take up to 6 months.. and they told me to just wait it out or reapply after 6 months.. I asked if there was anyone else I could speak to, but they told me something about how they can't expedite the process and pull out a certain application as it wouldn't be fair (something along those lines.) :/

Thats dissapointing. I have two suggestions at this point. One, you said you were interested in the College Program, I would go ahead and apply for that. Two, craft a very formal letter to the CEO Bob Iger explaining why you so wish to work for disney. Email that to his account. And then in addition email it to every HR/casting email address and some other heads in the company. Hopefully, after that email, you can get a personal response to assist you.

My point is if you want the job, you need to have determination and take a few risks along the way. Such as writing to the CEO. Disney looks at every applicant as a blank slate with only whats written on their application. The goal is to get noticed and build rapport with someone inside Casting. (Which is why i suggested asking for someone off the switchboard, sorry that didn't work).

Private Message me and i'll share more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom