Hilton Walt Disney World

Okay, so after saying we weren't going to Disney this year, we broke down and booked a trip next for next week! We are staying at the Hilton. It's our first time not in a resort hotel, although I know its considered one. Has anyone stayed there before? Also, do they use the same bus system as the rest of the hotels or are they on their own?
Thanks much and can't wait to get back!

MouseDreaming

Okay, so after saying we weren't going to Disney this year, we broke down and booked a trip next for next week! We are staying at the Hilton. It's our first time not in a resort hotel, although I know its considered one. Has anyone stayed there before? Also, do they use the same bus system as the rest of the hotels or are they on their own?
Not sure which Hilton? We've stayed at the DTD Hilton before, and wish we hadn't. We didn't really save anything, when compared to the Moderate we usually stay at. The bus service was terrible. If I stayed there again, I would def. look into renting a car (after I shot myself for thinking this was a good thing to try again.)

Upvote 0

canada1414

Original Poster
the one we are staying at is right across the street from marketplace. We paid 99/ night and I guess if worse comes to worse, we can take the bus back to the market place and walk back

Upvote 0

dave&di

the one we are staying at is right across the street from marketplace. We paid 99/ night and I guess if worse comes to worse, we can take the bus back to the market place and walk back
Love your attitude, it's a cheap resort AND on WDW property. They have their own shuttle buses.
We plan on staying here next year, we normally do deluxe every 2 years, if we stay here we can go yearly!!!! we have heard the buses can be dodgy but we also plan on using DTD if the resort buses aren't regular.

Upvote 0

canada1414

Original Poster
well this was a last minute trip...I read the same thing about the shuttle buses but just be patient I guess. It's not like we have reservations and need to be here or there at a certain time. In reality, how long are we gonna spend at the hotel? Not much.

Upvote 0

mousefreak

We stayed at the Hilton across from DTD this past December. We had DTD view room on one of the upper floors which you could see MK, Epcot and EE at Animal Kingdom. This is a really nice hotel, big clean rooms and walking distance from DTD. From what I remember, the bus for the parks drops you off at T&T, then you get to the parks from there. We had no problems with the buses, but on a couple of occasions, we picked up the busses at DTD to go to the parks.
Have a good time!

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

We stayed there also. Rooms were fine, though small. Nice pool. The buses were fine. You do have to share with two others on the same street. You do get dropped off at the TCT to go to MK. The other buses are direct.
One important thing is that it's the only DTD hotel with extra magic hours. I just checked their site to make sure they are still offering the EMH's as others have said that they don't, and it is still on the site. They also have a character breakfast.
If you don't want to wait the 20 minutes or so to get a bus from the hotel, you can easily walk across the street to the DTD bus stops. If you are going to MK, catch the bus to the Contemporary and walk across the street to the main gate. It literally takes less than five minutes from where the bus drops you off. We did this in June. We were staying at PORS, but the bus driver told us it would be faster to go this route instead of going back to our resort and going to the park from there.

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

The first night we were there, we waited almost an hour for a bus to DTD. No exaggeration. We didn't want to walk across busy major intersections with the kids. Then they dropped us off in a weird spot. TTC for MK was the best. Epcot spot was terrible! Also, make sure when you get there, you have everything you need for the night. We needed extra pillows and blankets. Called the front at 10 PM, after getting back. Got tired of waiting, and wanted to get to sleep, so DH went down to the front himself to ask around 11. Someone knocked on the door at 1 AM with said pillows and blankets. Turns out there was only one person in housekeeping, and they don't have any way of staying in contact with the desk. We complained, and they gave us passes (keys, really) for the complimentary breakfast. DH and DS were ready first in the morning. The line for it wrapped down the hall, they couldn't even get near it. Quite a few people complained, and they comped us breakfast downstairs. They have 2 nice pools, but usually only one is open at any time, and it seemed like they were closed down early. The room was small. 2 double beds do not work for my family, anymore. The safe never worked. (OK, admittedly, now I am getting nit picky.) DH and I started thinking of our time there as a different vacation we never wanted to repeat. Thank goodness we booked some nights at POFQ, also. After paying for the cab from the airport to the hotel, and from that hotel to POFQ, we didn't save anything. Even though we had a nice view of SSE, never again. Just reinforced why we love being on property.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom