Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort

Florida_is_hot

Original Poster
My Toastmasters Convention will be at this resort, now I normally stay at a Disney Hotel to get the buses but since the Convention will be at this resort does it make sense to just book a week at the Hilton?

My idea is watch a speech contest, then maybe go to Epcot or the MK until it closes.... but transportation?

Will I need to drive to the resorts?
I understand the hotel is walking distance across the street from Downtown Disney but to go to the parks do the offer convenient transportation?

The Toastmasters Convention I think is 4 days, maybe I should book a Disney Resort for 3 Nights and the Hilton for 4 Nights?

Stay at the Hilton need to pay for parking, lose the Disney Transportation, and the extra hours in the morning or at night.

Florida_is_hot

Original Poster
Hoping for a bit of feedback.....

The hotel sponsors the thread.

The Toastmasters International Convention tickets go on sale next week and I would need to decide if it be better staying at this hotel, slightly off Disney property or two hotels this one and one on property?

flpropmgr

Although I'm not certain, I don't believe the resort is within easy walking distance of Downtown Disney. It's not far, but the walk would not be convenient.

The resort offers free transportation, but I don't know the schedule. You may want to call to find out how often the buses run.

Were I to stay there, I would have a car (I usually do when I visit WDW anyway). Even when staying at WDW resorts, I prefer driving to the buses other than when going to the MK.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I've taken a cab a few times, when using the resort transportation isn't convenient. Last time I was offsite, the bus was scheduled to leave TTC at 9PM (missing all fireworks shows).

Think the cab ran $10 or so.

Florida_is_hot

Original Poster
I think I will just stay at the Hotel, they charge an extra 20 for WDW view.

Can not imagine the view be that good, not too far to Hollywood and Epcot but I image you only see fireworks.

StageFrenzy

World view at bonnet creek looks towards POP, AK, and DHS. The window at the end of the hallway looks towards Epcot. I love the Bonnet creek Hilton and the pools with lazy rivers are very nice as well.

jrbichon

I need some help with the special discount for WDWMagic readers. When I click the link and look at the rates, they all say "Confidential Rate." Am I missing something? I would like to know the rates before I charge them to my CC.

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom