Hilton Head Resort Dining

DisDadWoz

Original Poster
Why doesn't the Hilton Head Resort have a regular sit down dining option for dinner? We really don't want quick service for dinner and would rather stay on property for a nice dinner. With that said what is close that is nice to eat that has options with more than just seafood? (Member in the party has an allergy) It's been a few years since we were there and can't remember eating near the resort.

epcotisbest

Why doesn't the Hilton Head Resort have a regular sit down dining option for dinner? We really don't want quick service for dinner and would rather stay on property for a nice dinner. With that said what is close that is nice to eat that has options with more than just seafood? (Member in the party has an allergy) It's been a few years since we were there and can't remember eating near the resort.

I can't say with any certainty why there is no onsite sit down at Disney HHI, but it is probably because there are so many other excellent choices within an easy drive.
I don't do seafood any more, but that is no problem at HHI as I could eat at One Hot Mama's every night and be happy.
Aunt Chiladas is good too, as is Bullies. Nick's is a decent steak place, and there is also Low Country Backyard.
Giuseppi's has good, basic pizza and salads.
Also, not far away is a big Kroger that has a huge deli and anything you want if you prepare anything in the room.

DisneyLover

In the Parks
No
I second the vote for Giuseppi’s. My family was just at Hilton Head, and we always eat there...almost ate there twice this time. The key with Giuseppi’s is to hit it between 4-5. If you wait until 5, you’re going to hit the big crowds, and you could end up waiting 2 hours for a table.

ajmanz

I read somewhere that it has to do with a deal Disney made with HHI when they built the resort, about not taking the business away from the local restaurants.

My favorites are Skull Creek Boathouse and One Hot Mama's.

DisDadWoz

Original Poster
I read somewhere that it has to do with a deal Disney made with HHI when they built the resort, about not taking the business away from the local restaurants.

My favorites are Skull Creek Boathouse and One Hot Mama's.
We actually looked at Skull Creek Boathouse online yesterday and it looked good.

DisneyLover

In the Parks
No
We actually looked at Skull Creek Boathouse online yesterday and it looked good.

My family likes the Oyster Factory. It’s vacation casual dress code, so it’s a nicer meal, but the steak is really good. And there are seafood options for those who like seafood. I would recommend a reservation for that, though.

jim1051

There are at least 5 good restaurants within walking distance to resort, and hundreds within 10 to 15 minute drive

apartment j

There are at least 5 good restaurants within walking distance to resort, and hundreds within 10 to 15 minute drive
I know this thread has been silent for a while, but can anyone list those "5 good restaurants within walking distance" of Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, please?

zeedan

I know this thread has been silent for a while, but can anyone list those "5 good restaurants within walking distance" of Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, please?

We have been going to Hilton Head for years. There are great places to eat all over the island. The best we've experienced most recently: Scott's Fish Market, Old Oyster Factory, Fish Camp, Poseidon, The Smokehouse (it may still be closed because of a fire last spring) and CQ's. Only Scott's and maybe Poseidon are walk-able, but the island isn't that big if you have a car. More "touristy" places are The Salty Dog (just ok food but lively South Beach area) and Frosty Frog/Coligny area.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The resort sits on an island and there is a marina between the mainland and the resort. Private boats docked there but on the mainland side is a large shopping, dining and entertainment venue with condos above it. You can walk (or bike) over from the resort very easily by just crossing the small bridge that gets you to the island. Depending on which unit you are in you could actually be closer to walk there then some walks from rooms to lobby at a WDW resort. They also have fireworks and live music there in the summer.

Here’s a picture that might make it clearer. The DVC resort is the island to the right. The bridge towards the bottom is the only way in or out of the resort and the first floor of the white buildings with the red roofs to the left is the shopping and dining venue.
13B1AEDE-88CD-489D-9DBD-5691A368464C.jpeg

So it’s not onsite dining but it’s pretty easy to get to. We had a room furthest from the bridge so drove instead of walking and there’s plenty of free parking. Still a 2 minute ride home. We were last there in 2018 and really liked Scott’s but that’s seafood mostly. The Mexican place was pretty good too (can’t remember the name but it’s the only Mexican place in the center). We also got apps and drinks at the sports bar which seemed very new and nicely kept. Overall some good options.

Simba’s Mom

What we were told during the "Members tour" many years back was that the resort NOT having sit down dining was a concession made to the town fathers so that Disney could build a resort there. Guests would put money in the town coffers, not just utilize roads and beaches, then leave. Within walking distance, we like Mediterranean Harbour, and there's no seafood there.

DisDadWoz

Original Poster
What we were told during the "Members tour" many years back was that the resort NOT having sit down dining was a concession made to the town fathers so that Disney could build a resort there. Guests would put money in the town coffers, not just utilize roads and beaches, then leave. Within walking distance, we like Mediterranean Harbour, and there's no seafood there.
Apparently Mediterranean Harbour is permanently closed.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Thanks for telling me, since we'll be there in a few weeks. However, it doesn't really surprise me-last time we were there, we were the only ones in the restaurant.
When we were there Aug 2018 the little bar outside and outdoor tables were full but the inside was completely empty. More drinkers than eaters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom