Hilton Head Island Resort Review

Onamouse

Original Poster
HI Everyone,

I am currently staying at the Hilton Head Island Resort and leaving tomorrow but I wanted to post my review of the resort.

Positives: The resort is everything I expected and more. The room is awesome (I am staying in a two bedroom). This place is very relaxing unlike other DVC vacations I have been on. The pool was tremendous and WARM!!! I am from New Jersey so coming to 80 degree weather form 50 degree weather is nice. I can not say enough positive things about the lifeguards (they also double as the event staff). My kids had a blast swimming and taking part in all the fun activities the resort had planned. The highlight was the campfire and smores afterwards. The resort was not crowded at all I guess it being this time of year helped. The beach house is a five minute drive from the resort or they have a shuttle service that runs every half hour between the resort and beach house. The beach house has a magnificent pool and view of the ocean. I am not a fan of sand so being able to relax by the pool while my family frolics in the sand was the best of both worlds for us.

Negatives: I have two small issues with my trip:
1. Parking Spots are kind of small and hard to turn into
2. The insect problem (no see em's) was bad a times. I am scratching bug bites as I type

All in all I rate this trip as an A. I will definitely come back again.

I hope this helps anyone who was wondering what Hilton Head Island Resort was about.

happymom52003

Great to hear! We tried Vero Beach last summer and loved it, so we are hoping to try Hilton Head in the future as well. My only concern is not being right on the beach...has it been much trouble for your family to go back and forth from the beach?

Onamouse

Original Poster
Great to hear! We tried Vero Beach last summer and loved it, so we are hoping to try Hilton Head in the future as well. My only concern is not being right on the beach...has it been much trouble for your family to go back and forth from the beach?

No trouble at all. I have a three kids (6, 3 and 9 months) and the drive over was short, parking was a non issue; there was ample parking either under the beach house or right outside.

Onamouse

Original Poster
Thanks for the review, we are planning a trip down there in the spring. It will be our first as DVC members:)

Have fun I know you will. If you have kids make sure you make it to the campfires even if you don't they are fun for adults. Remember these two words "Cheeky Cheeky". When you go you will know what I mean!!

luvlifeinfl

We have been to both HHI & Vero Beach, my DH & I prefer Vero over HHI. When we went to HHI in 2007, the pool was fun ( my girls had a blast). They also enjoyed walking out on the dock on the MArsh side and crab fishing, but there was an atmoshpere of people being stuck up and wanting to show of their boats.

So if we were given a choice we would go back to Vero Beach before HHI.

dizzney

We were there the end of July and loved it, we did the Thursday night dinner at the beach complte with southern cooking and music, it was a great expereince!

Also been to Vero and they as all DVC resorts are different from each toher, we enjoy the differences between the various resorts. Looking forward to BLT in January!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom