Higher cost of Value? (All-Star Movies)

meganw1985

Looking to book for Memorial Day week (5/28-6/2) for our anniversary, and just now sitting down to "number crunch" and see what we can afford. Using PIN code offer for Spring room discount. Is there a reason why All-Star Movies is significantly more than the other values? For a standard room, it is coming up $625, while the other 2 All-Stars are coming up as $526 (Pop is a little more @ $554, but still not as much as ASMo). I double checked my room selection several times, as it seems more like a preferred room price, but that was over $700 as well, while Music's preferred room was $619?

DrummerAlly

Just an idea... is the pin code the same discount for each of the resorts? Often the pin codes give a smaller discount for the more popular resorts, such as ASMo.

I recently ran into this situation with our trip in July. A room at the WL is significantly more expensive than a room at the AKL and for the life of me I can't figure out why. I think Disney's starting to play more with the pricing.

Upvote 0

meganw1985

Original Poster
Just an idea... is the pin code the same discount for each of the resorts? Often the pin codes give a smaller discount for the more popular resorts, such as ASMo.

I recently ran into this situation with our trip in July. A room at the WL is significantly more expensive than a room at the AKL and for the life of me I can't figure out why. I think Disney's starting to play more with the pricing.

You're right! I hadn't even thought of that! Same reason POFQ is so expensive as compared to CBR. Only SOME of them are discounted, and some more than others! (Probably because of dummies like me don't look at it hard enough!) I've not seen that before, everytime I've used a PIN, all resorts have been included.

Upvote 0

SAV

After reading this, I went and priced out our planned June trip and found that All Star Movies was the most expensive at $2512.52, followed by Pop at $2465.00 and then Music and Sports were both $2441.28. This was using a PIN code for a standard room with QS dining and a 6 day base ticket.

I did notice that Movies was the default resort that popped up when I went to price this out...hmmmmm.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

if i remember correctly there are a few reasons i can think of: i think the music is the value that is located in a different county than the others, and has a higher tax rate because of it ( i know it is confusing). also all of the hotels prices went up today for dates in 2012. Disney also came up with more categories with different prices with in the resort vs the two that were originally offered ( it use to be either standard or preferred for the values, now they added more types like standard pool, preferred pool, etc. those are the only things i can think of.

Upvote 0

AJRitz

This sort of thing is going to continue to happen, more and more frequently, particularly with regard to discounts. It's about capacity control and resource balancing, so that discounts have a larger purpose than simply pulling guests on-property. Discounts are being used to drive capacity at each resort closer to ideal capacities - it's better to fill ASMusic up to the point that Mousekeeping Staff Level X is fully utilized than to have ASMovies book up until Mousekeeping Staff Level X+1 is needed (and ASMusic still has a less-than-fully-utilized Staff level).

They're also not going to offer a discount at a resort that will fill to desired levels without a discount (for theme and location, Movies has always been the most popular All-Star resort).

Upvote 0

mhaftman7

Okay, I just checked and re-checked all three All Star options and Movies is higher, by about 70 dollars for the total package including airfare.

On a side note, has anyone ever stayed at "The Mighty Ducks" buildings and just walked over to ASMu for the buses? ASMo is the last stop of the three, so I would think the short walk could potentially be worth it and the maps show that it should be a short path and a road and, boom, you are there.

Upvote 0

loxley44

Walked to or from Music more than to our own bus stop many times and we were staying in 101 Dalmations at the time. Always less crowded to and from. When we went it was dedicated buses for Movies but split buses for Music and Sports.

Upvote 0

mhaftman7

Walked to or from Music more than to our own bus stop many times and we were staying in 101 Dalmations at the time. Always less crowded to and from. When we went it was dedicated buses for Movies but split buses for Music and Sports.

Awesome! I think we'll try it. The buses at ASMo always seemed packed no matter the time of day.

Upvote 0

meganw1985

Original Poster
We are going over memorial day weekend. I think we're going to do Caribbean beach. It's only about $100 more than the cheapest value, and as there are 2 adults and 1 child (9 yo) we could use the extra space for 6 days :) I'll pay the extra $100 Haha.

Upvote 0
We are going over memorial day weekend. I think we're going to do Caribbean beach. It's only about $100 more than the cheapest value, and as there are 2 adults and 1 child (9 yo) we could use the extra space for 6 days :) I'll pay the extra $100 Haha.

You will love the Caribbean it is by far my favorite resort! going with many kids i know that your 9 year old will love it and you will too!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

This is exactly correct. Discounts can and will vary based on the resort itself, not just the category.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom