High Speed Internet cost

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Why is Disney charging for access when most (OK I'll use the word) hotels are free?

Marketing.

Most hotels offer it for free to entice travellers to choose their hotel over another... Disney doesn't need to do that, people aren't going to base their decision to stay on or off site on whether the internet connections are free.

Upvote 0

sdwsq2005

We travel a lot and recently stayed in the Marriott-LaGuardia. The HSIA was $12.95 for 24 hours. When we stay at Hampton Inns, it's free. Whenever we have to pay for it, DH just dials in on a local access #. Yes, it's dial-up, but it's great just to glance through the email and save the big downloads for when we get home. I've not been able to talk him out of taking the laptop with us to WDW next week. I honestly do not know when he thinks he's going to have time to power it up! LOL.

Sheila

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I generally find that high speed in a room requires payment. Most Hiltons, Marriots, Starwood, and of course Disney, charge.

A few provide free lobby WIFI, but in my experience, for any usable, and in-room, it carries a charge.

If you think $10 is bad per day, Hiltons in London charge $30 per 24 hours!

Upvote 0

seabee1

I think it was $5 a day at Shades of Green. I found it worth it though. We were able to keep up with our accounts and could check out our fastpass pics. throughout the week.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom