high airfare...affected?

bears163

how has high airfare affected you? still going...changing days..anything... i nknow if we change our return day from sun to mon we save 200 how about you?

CAPTAIN HOOK

British Airlines and travel agents rip us off to the tune of around £500 PER PERSON !!
As an example - an adult flight to Orlando in say January or February can cost about £300 - £400 ($ 540 - $720) while at the height of the school summer holidays in late July through August, that same seat will cost over £800 ($1,440).
Its a case of if you have kids or have to travel during peak times - you gotta pay :mad:

Upvote 0

Mickifan17

It hasn't affected me since I bought my tickets about a month ago before rates went up. I got round trip tickets from NY to Orlando for $135 person on Delta's Song Airlines for December.

Can't Wait!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

bears163

Original Poster
airfare for me so far sinc eihave been looking has been more than i thoughtit would be. i waited for southwest to go onsale but they are even high

Upvote 0

rainfully

bears163 said:
airfare for me so far sinc eihave been looking has been more than i thoughtit would be. i waited for southwest to go onsale but they are even high

I got a GREAT deal on Southwest for my upcoming trip... $136 round trip and that includes all taxes and fees. They had a deal going on but it probably just ended...

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Airfare for Canadians has gotten way more expensive since Jets Go (a discount carrier) went belly-up. For example, in May 2004 I was able to find $310 round-trip tickets to Orlando. Now, the cheapest I've been able to find in early December (i.e way before Christmas) is $550!!! *sigh*

Upvote 0

bears163

Original Poster
rainfully said:
I got a GREAT deal on Southwest for my upcoming trip... $136 round trip and that includes all taxes and fees. They had a deal going on but it probably just ended...

i check maybe 1-2 times a day for deals and there have been none out of either philly or baltimore..my problem is i want to come home on sunday and that has got to be the worst day to come home i guess

Upvote 0

Cliffordsmon

bears163 said:
i check maybe 1-2 times a day for deals and there have been none out of either philly or baltimore..my problem is i want to come home on sunday and that has got to be the worst day to come home i guess

The cruise ships all dock on Sunday and they book so far in advance that they devour all the cheap fares (or so I have been told).

Upvote 0

ypcat

We bought ours for our January trip this weekend. I was worried about the rising prices. The flights we had planned on taking had already risen from 185 to 205 out of Chicago. I did some checking before booking, and found that if we flew out the day before (Saturday afternoon opposed to Sunday morning), the fare was 105. Gobbled them up before the prices rose on them, and saved enough money to more than pay for the extra resort night.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Honestly, it's gasoline that's killing me.

Since it costs twice as much to fill my tank as it did last year, it has slowed down my savings significantly.

The fall 05 trip has turned into a tentative fall 06 trip.

But I agree about airfares--they are horrific.

Upvote 0

kellydisney

It fluctuated all over the place for our trip. We finally nailed down a decent price of $175 from Boston to Orlando. THEN of course the deals hit about 2 weeks after and we could have gotten $100 roundtrip on Southwest. And our exact flight now is $145. But that's our fault for being overzealous planners :hammer:

Upvote 0

DisneyFan1003

We're doing the Land & Sea package beginning on December 26th. Due to the holiday flights, and insane prices, we ended up booking a flight out on Christmas Day and going back to Disney after the cruise for one day, departing on the 3rd. Even with two extra nights at the hotel, we saved about $450 (if we had flown out on the 26th and returned on the 2nd). It's crazy...last year we paid $220 each round trip, this year $337 each.

Upvote 0

ELopez

I am so blessed! My husband works for an airline, so the bad news is: pay cuts and lack of job security. The good news: free airfare plus half off Disney resorts! Now with Magical Express it's even better! We are staying in a Fort Wilderness cabin the last week of September. This is totally why I married him.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom