Hidden costs at resorts

Captain NoBeard

First let me say that this may sound wierd, but as we have run into it while staying in hotels in Ontario, we're not sure if this also happens in Florida. So, if its a really STUPID question, I apologize in advance.

Do the little things normally found in your room(i.e. bottled water and coffee) cost extra? Up here, when you arrive (especially if you have kids), you take the bottled water and put it out of reach. It usually has an ad on it with small print that states that if you drink this, it is considered that you are consenting on paying $7.50, or similar price, for consuming the small bottle of water. If you're not paying attention, and this happens, it can really tick you off.

Does Disney or other hotels in Florida pull these kinds of games? We're just not sure if we should bring our own coffee or if we're free to use the coffee provided in the resorts.

peters

This wasn't from a mini-bar, but it is the only time I've truly felt ripped-off at a Disney resort. We stayed at the Beach Club this September and wanted a bottled water after 11 one night. The marketplace was closed and a cast member said they had no machines and our only choice was room service. Well, we ended-up with a one 1 liter bottle for $18... and that was WITHOUT the service charge & tip! Stunned was not the word describe our expressions.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom