HHN 2024

JT3000

With the crowds the last few years do they need to sell the event?
Probably not, but they always want more. I also suspect a decently large chunk of the modern event's attendance comes from casuals who are in fact there to see a particular IP.

maxairmike

With the crowds the last few years do they need to sell the event?

That’s my interpretation of the house announcements being all original houses so far. They must have seen enough early movement on hotel reservations and single night ticket sales to feel they don’t need to lead with the casual stuff to get early mindshare. Of course that also makes me think we’re going to see massive price increases on the multi-night passes.

JT3000

Not sure how I feel about the houses so far. Some of the concepts are a bit too vague. This is one of the reasons I miss the interactive websites of yesteryear, they provided plenty of detail. Now we probably won't get much of an explanation until the creative team does a podcast or something.

Andrew25

HHN is offering a Premium Night similar to Disney's After Hours offering. $350 the night prior to public opening night at HHN.

While I think this will act as a "tax" for media bloggers who like to be first, and reduces the stress on RIP Tours opening weekend, I'm worried this will bleed into the remainder of the event and Universal stops adding capacity to the event.

HHN has lost capacity with the lagoon show and no 2nd stage show over the last few years while attendance has skyrocketed. They still see hour long lines at quick service locations, and food booths are always backed up. Something needs to be done, and this is nothing but a cheap short-term "solution".

MagicHappens1971

HHN has lost capacity with the lagoon show and no 2nd stage show over the last few years while attendance has skyrocketed. They still see hour long lines at quick service locations, and food booths are always backed up. Something needs to be done, and this is nothing but a cheap short-term "solution".
I LOVE HHN, but the poor crowd management is one of the biggest turn offs. If I wasn't a local who purchases the Frequent Fear pass, I wouldn't bother going anymore. It's gotten insane. They should really sell less tickets.

Andrew25

I LOVE HHN, but the poor crowd management is one of the biggest turn offs. If I wasn't a local who purchases the Frequent Fear pass, I wouldn't bother going anymore. It's gotten insane. They should really sell less tickets.
Issue is that HHN has actually lost capacity over the last few years.

There was a time when HHN offered 3 stage shows to help with crowds (back when they had 7 houses), but have since then chosen to reduce it to just 1 + a lagoon show that doesn't draw many guests (except for last year when they couldn't run one) and add more houses instead.

I love the houses, and it seems like they've met the demand for it as most original houses will become walk ons the first and last 1-2 hours of each night. To me that signals the event needs capacity elsewhere beyond houses. Nightmare Fuel would reach capacity way before each showtime, and had to have a proper queue setup added a few days into the event.

Universal also just has overall bad F&B operations that can't feed as many folks as similar Disney QSR offerings. Minion Cafe is great, but doesn't really churn out guests quick.

JT3000

Issue is that HHN has actually lost capacity over the last few years.

There was a time when HHN offered 3 stage shows to help with crowds (back when they had 7 houses), but have since then chosen to reduce it to just 1 + a lagoon show that doesn't draw many guests (except for last year when they couldn't run one) and add more houses instead.

I love the houses, and it seems like they've met the demand for it as most original houses will become walk ons the first and last 1-2 hours of each night. To me that signals the event needs capacity elsewhere beyond houses. Nightmare Fuel would reach capacity way before each showtime, and had to have a proper queue setup added a few days into the event.

Universal also just has overall bad F&B operations that can't feed as many folks as similar Disney QSR offerings. Minion Cafe is great, but doesn't really churn out guests quick.

While I would love nothing more than to see HHN increase its number of stage productions to something more befitting of the event's overall size & attendance, they haven't actually had more than two stage shows most years. The times they had three were major outliers, at least in the period since the event's early years, where they relied much more heavily on them. I think they should get away from lagoon shows for a while (they can still use the tech for basic atmosphere enhancement) and bring back at least one more stage show, but I won't get my hopes up.

Minion Cafe has no control over how long its customers stick around, but in my experience you're served very quickly (and it's been far from packed during HHN anyway.)

Last edited:

JoeCamel

While I would love nothing more than to see HHN increase its number of stage productions to something more befitting of the event's overall size & attendance, they haven't actually had more than two stage shows most years. The times they had three were major outliers, at least in the period since the event's early years, where they relied much more heavily on them. I think they should get away from lagoon shows for a while (they can still use the tech for basic atmosphere enhancement) and bring back at least one more stage show, but I won't get my hopes up.

Minion Cafe has no control over how long its customers stick around, but in my experience you're served very quickly (and it's been far from packed during HHN anyway.)
It takes a lot of backstage support to "stage" a production and with the short run for HHN you might get more third party show troupes but inhouse just can't support it

Andrew25

It takes a lot of backstage support to "stage" a production and with the short run for HHN you might get more third party show troupes but inhouse just can't support it
Well the UOR/UC Entertainment team is more than capable of producing multiple quality shows for HHN... they're kind of tied up at the moment though.

In Production:
  1. Parade
  2. Nighttime Show
  3. Hogwarts Nighttime Show
  4. HTTYD Untrainable Show @ EU
  5. Circus Arcanus @ EU
All of the above are in conjunction w/ Mardi Gras/Holiday/HHN development.

Really all that HHN needs is an additional stage show (they have 3 suitable venues to choose from) and improve F&B operations to serve more guests at quicker rates.

Rob562

Original Poster
Another announcement that shouldn't come as a surprise if you've been paying attention to the Spec Maps....

1000000611.jpg

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom