Hey what's disney planning big in 07'??

SeanC

Ok, I'll take it back about casual guests noticing the track layout. And I agree that a re-imagined version of the ride would work, as I suggested in my other post. I was simply saying, in my opinion only, a direct clone from DL is doubtful. I do think its a little simplistic to say that because there is dumbo, aladdin, etc, and both pirates and small world use boats, that Disney would have no problem duplicating the ride as is. If RNR were just a rethemed Space Mountain, or Everest the same as Thunder, maybe I'd agree. It's a matter of SCALE. IJA is my favorite ride at DL (well, along with the new Space), and I would love to have it at WDW, but I think they would want to do something new with it, given that it is older tech, and they already have the exact ride here albeit with a different theme, story and show scenes.

mkepcotmgmak

AK has just received Everest and Nemo, so don't expect to see anymore additions to that park for a while.

Early 2007 will see the Laugh Floor Comedy Club at MK http://www.wdwmagic.com/monstersinc_timekeeper.htm

The next focus for attractions is MGM, which is currently struggling attendance wise, due to the gains made by AK. See http://www.wdwmagic.com/disney.htm

LOL! I'm a manager at a Department store, and last week I had a TON of new merchandise roll in for the Holiday Season... I remember saying to myself - the easiest way to do this (and do it once) would be to pull everything out of my department and then put it back in, one piece at a time...)

I then thought of MGM - that's what needs to happen at that park! I LOVE IT - but it is in dire need of fixin'!

DKampy

That said, there were some word-on-the-street rumors last week that Lucas pulled the plug on Indy 4. Nothing is official, no comments yet (don't ask me to "prove" it LOL - it's just a rumor that I'm sure has made it's way to the internet somewhere - I don't fully believe it myself but I keep hearing it enough to make me worried)...but one would think Disney wouldn't want to spend that big a chunk of change for a franchise that may be dead.

AEfx[/quote

Continue to worry...From what I have heard it is absolute truth. Not just Indy 4 but Lucas is done with movies period. Then again I have not seen it come from lucas himself...but people I have talked to swear they have...People who I have faith that they tell me the truth.

I'm just wondering what happen to the movies Lucas wanted to work on after Star Wars prequel were done..<shrugs>

Oh well maybe spielberg can dontinue without him.

culturenthrills

That said, there were some word-on-the-street rumors last week that Lucas pulled the plug on Indy 4. Nothing is official, no comments yet (don't ask me to "prove" it LOL - it's just a rumor that I'm sure has made it's way to the internet somewhere - I don't fully believe it myself but I keep hearing it enough to make me worried)...but one would think Disney wouldn't want to spend that big a chunk of change for a franchise that may be dead.

Really Indy a dead franchise. Then how come an over 15 year old stunt show with the Indy name on it packs them in everyday at the Studios. If they were to build an Indy ride at WDW it would be a huge hit. Indy is a franchise that hasn't lost its luster. Raiders of the Lost Ark is 25 years old but still is the greatest adventure movie ever made. Indy is still very popular. If they were to build it here they we would prob. get the version that TDS got. I want Indy at WDW. I am sorta surprised it hasn't come here since it is one of the best Disney rides ever. I really hope it gets built in the next 5 years.

culturenthrills

Don't forget the rumors of EPCOT's 25th gala, as well as a possible new Illuminations coming next October

I really hope we do get an actual 25th anniv. celebration but with this global marketing strategy I don't know if we are gonna get it. i am all for a new Illuminations it is time for a change. I love the music but the fireworks and the technology needs to be updated. As cool as the globe is the LED technology has made alot of gains since 1999.

wedenterprises

Really Indy a dead franchise. Then how come an over 15 year old stunt show with the Indy name on it packs them in everyday at the Studios. If they were to build an Indy ride at WDW it would be a huge hit. Indy is a franchise that hasn't lost its luster. Raiders of the Lost Ark is 25 years old but still is the greatest adventure movie ever made. Indy is still very popular. If they were to build it here they we would prob. get the version that TDS got. I want Indy at WDW. I am sorta surprised it hasn't come here since it is one of the best Disney rides ever. I really hope it gets built in the next 5 years.

I really want Indy at WDW too. It is an amazing ride and very fun, the Tokyo version looks impressive too.

With MGM, I think they have had success with 2 original storylines in RnR and TOT so i'd like to see them do something original again.

figmntal95

see! this is exactly why they should of put POTC in Liberty Square! then there can be an IJA where pirates was. but no.. they have to have it in a different place in every park..

kennyj29

Indy Ride

Even though I enjoyed the Indy Ride at Disneyland last year, I wouldnt' want to see it at Disneyworld. It was fun and everything but I'd rather see a totally different concept of another Indy Project. Make a new ride! I honestly thought I was riding Dinasour with a different background. I was a little dissappointed with it. You know a dark ride would be fun again! We haven't had one of those in a long time. Something everybody would love! I am a wild ride enthusiast but would like to see a dark ride somewhere again. The classic rides like HM, POC, Smallworld, they will never leave the parks because people love them so make another one we could all love!

ImagineerDan

I THINK that dinosaur should be completely remade into Indy. Also the Dinoland USA needs to go as well, it just seems like an everday fair and anyone can go to a fair any time of the year in their respective home locations ,they need to change that area and make it more ellaboratly themed.

Victor

Even though I enjoyed the Indy Ride at Disneyland last year, I wouldnt' want to see it at Disneyworld. It was fun and everything but I'd rather see a totally different concept of another Indy Project. Make a new ride! I honestly thought I was riding Dinasour with a different background. I was a little dissappointed with it. You know a dark ride would be fun again! We haven't had one of those in a long time. Something everybody would love! I am a wild ride enthusiast but would like to see a dark ride somewhere again. The classic rides like HM, POC, Smallworld, they will never leave the parks because people love them so make another one we could all love!

Personally, I think IJA is much more impressive than Dinosaur. The themeing and story is just waaay better. Not really sure a dark ride and Indy would make the best combination. The name Indiana Jones means big thrills.

kennyj29

I understand what you are saying Victor but we really don't need another one of the same ride right next door to one another. Then make a different thrill ride but don't put a duplicate in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom