Hey what's disney planning big in 07'??

DisneyMania2007

Original Poster
Anything??? Like a new thrill attraction or a stunt show,anyone know more? Just asking because I know the Epic Stunt Show is getting very old,I read to screamscape.com and this is what they said about the Indy Stunt Show:

???? - Indiana Jones Attraction - Rumor - (11/9/06) Screamscape has heard an interesting rumor today about the fate of the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Show. Our source claims that Disney has committed to keeping the show running through 2010, but after that they will likely be ready to retire the show after a 21 year run. This timeline will pretty much accomidate the final Indiana Jones film which is on track for a 2008 release according to the IMDB, giving Disney 2-3 years to let the Indy mania fade once again before pulling the plug on the show for good. What happens after this is the real mystery right now. Will Disney let Indy take a final run into the sunset for good or will they create a new Indy attraction on the site as a replacement? Time will tell...

Alot of people think that what Screamscape says is fake and extremely inaccurate but what do you think most of your news and headlines seem very real and accurate,I don't know but I would love to see a new Indiana Jones Adventure like in 2008-2009??? Animal Kingdom on their site has some interesting news as well,take a look:
[FONT='Times New Roman', Times, Serif]Park News - (10/30/06) Screamscape sources have indicated to us that something new is in development for Dinoland. Of course our source had no idea what it was... it could just be a new food stand, a new gift shop, a midway game or possibly even a new attraction. Anyone know more?[/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman', Times, Serif]They can use something new in Dinoland other than Countdown to Extinction-originally called,but yeah something like Journey to the Center of the Earth would be nice but that probably won't be put in Beastly Kingdom and hears what they had to say about that possible built section:[/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman', Times, Serif][/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman', Times, Serif]???? - Beastly Kingdom - (10/30/06) New rumors for Beastly Kingdom don’t come often, but our sources say that apparently Imagineering is still working on the concept and ideas for attractions. The big problem standing in the way of Beastly Kingdom getting the final green light is the huge amount of money Disney just spent on Expedition Everest and balancing out when they are exactly ready to put that kind of money back into the park again. From all indications Disney still plans on eventually adding Beastly Kingdom... it’s just a matter of when. [/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman', Times, Serif][/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman', Times, Serif]If you ask me,I think Disney has a bright future ahead of them if they install this attrractions sonner or later and create them as best as they can.:hammer: But don't do a dumb job,of it. Disney is always smart so yeah I see them doing it nice and slow.:xmas:

[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman', Times, Serif]

[/FONT]

Victor

I would love to see a WDW import of the Indiana Jones Adventure. But this had been circulating for a long time now, just like talk of Indy 4. I'm betting if Indy 4 goes through, we will see IJA in MGM. If it doesn't, well I'm betting it'll be some other thrill ride.

darthjohnny

I wouldn't necessarily be thrilled with taking out the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, but would LOVE if they built an Indiana Jones Adventure ride!!! :D :D :D

But even though Animal Kingdom just got attractions, there is still a possibility of AK getting something new. You never know. :)

the-reason14

I wish that this beastly kingdom rumor would just either die, or come up to surface, cuz its been alot of yea sayers and nay sayers, and I just want to know the real.

ConnerLives

First things first, Junior Woodchucks. Improving the MGM experience is one thing, but I believe that WDW's Priority One right now is to TLC Magic Kingdom before any new E Tickets or new gates are dreamt up. If I were WDI, I'd be focusing on bringing HM back to its former "gory", making Space Mountain just as special as DL's, and telling "Da Bears" that country and western has come a long way since '71 and to learn a few new tunes. What also concerns me is CoP's fate. It was sheer Nirvana just to have gone to MK last week and actually spend a little time "with Walt" on that one ride alone. I wonder what would happen if "Meet the Robinsons" is successful and to CoP's future since the "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" song is going to play such a major part in that film. But there's still plenty of time for that, right now, let's just hope that rehabs of MK classics are the next great post Everest act. :sohappy:

As far as IJA goes, I was under the impression that Eisner vowed that like the Matterhorn, that attraction was going to be a DL exclusive. Is Iger actually feeling the winds of change on this vow? For me, it would make more sense if IJA would replace Jungle Cruise in Adventureland, but of course that would not go well with purists, and the fact that there is a movie in the wings...Your thoughts?:cool:

TP2000

As far as IJA goes, I was under the impression that Eisner vowed that like the Matterhorn, that attraction was going to be a DL exclusive. Is Iger actually feeling the winds of change on this vow? For me, it would make more sense if IJA would replace Jungle Cruise in Adventureland, but of course that would not go well with purists, and the fact that there is a movie in the wings...Your thoughts?:cool:

I've never heard that about Eisner and the Indy ride. And I don't think it's true since I've ridden both Indiana Jones Adventure attractions; the one in Anaheim that opened in '95, and the nearly identical one that opened in Tokyo in '01 when Eisner was still firmly in charge of the Disney Company.

And why not add Indy to the Magic Kingdom? At Disneyland the Indy ride sits right next to the Jungle Cruise. They are so close to each other that you watch the Jungle Cruise boats go by as you wait in the exterior queue for Indy before you go inside the temple. Why not add Indy to the Magic Kingdom for that parks next new E Ticket?

ConnerLives

TP2K, You mean that there's some real estate left in Adventureland to support IJA's Show Building? Isn't that warehouse so massive that it could go all the way to the monorail tracks? Wouldn't the utilidors in that zone have to be reinforced as well? It'll also be quite a chore to ensure the fluidity of any IJ theming considering that it will be sandwiched between Jungle Cruise AND Pirates! LOL, You see what happens when an attraction that wasn't even supposed to be there like Pirates gets installed? Yes, I stay up at nights thinking about this stuff, Junior Woodchucks!:drevil:

disney9752

AS FAR as "tunnels" i belive they go as far out as pecos bills & old adventureland veranda, so if it stays on the jungle cruise side of that path there would be no re-enforcing needed.

DisneyMania2007

Original Poster
AK has just received Everest and Nemo, so don't expect to see anymore additions to that park for a while.

Early 2007 will see the Laugh Floor Comedy Club at MK http://www.wdwmagic.com/monstersinc_timekeeper.htm

The next focus for attractions is MGM, which is currently struggling attendance wise, due to the gains made by AK. See http://www.wdwmagic.com/disney.htm

I think they could possibly think about this thrill ride in the next couple of months,or couple of years before they see the Epic Stunt Show do it's final run-through but until then I suppose guests are going to have to wait for another 3-4 years unfortunately,those of who would like to see a bigger and better version of Indiana Jones at WDW. I would like to see a exciting version as well,like the EMV's,keep those of course-i guess,the animation and ride through scenery change that!! Like for example maybe create a bridge,a rolling boulder with some type of Indy Animated Character=Himself,A better Dart Room,I'd like to see a nice created snake room,with alot of animated realife scary snakes!!! Like at DL but maybe a little improved/better. I don't know oh and maybe instead of the ride being just on track maybe they can enhance it like your in a go cart on the free road and it can drive anywhere during the ride,but highly intelligent and computerized!!!!!!!:) Ya know what I mean.:confused:

minnie61650

I always love a good Beastly Kingdom rumor:D

Me too!

----------------------------------------------
Here is a little backround for those of you who are intereseted.

Before AK was built one of the lands was supposed to be Beastlie Kingdomme. Because of budget cuts Disney delayed the building of Beastly Kingdomme and built Camp Mickey and Minnie and put the show Lion King in that area to keep the area ready for Beastlie Kingdom.
My understanding is that because Lion King and Camp Mickey and Minnie are so well liked that Disney scraped the whole idea of Beastlie Kingdomme.
They really had some great ideas on the drawing board and many people would like to see them become reality but I fear the chances of that happening are slim.
We can always hope.
Here is an article about some Disney attractions that were designed but never built. The Dragon Tower attraction was originally slated for Beastlie Kingdomme land planned for Disney's Animal Kingdom park in Florida. This article gives one a virtual walk-through of Beastlie Kingdomme and the ride Dragon Tower.
http://www.mouseplanet.com/mark/mg041027.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------

In an article I read by Paul Torrigino, contributing writer (introduction by Mark Goldhaber)
Paul tells about how he worked on a project for the Animal kingdom.
He spent 2 years helping to plan the Dragon Tower ride. (a thrill ride)
It was going to be a suspended coaster ride inside a castle complete with bats and a dragon.

There was going to be a restaurant on a little lake with mythical sea creatures.
The Loch Ness monster was going to appear every so often. Bubbling would start up in the lake and then the monster would slowly appear.
Sounds so cool.
They were also going to have, Fantasia Gardens, a bridge called "Billy Goat Bridge",a Unicorn Maze, a Mother Goose's shop, etc., that all over the land.

He said, "I remember after they shelved it, I watched the guys crate up all the pieces, very sad. They probably still have it all in a warehouse somewhere."

I for one hope they get those concepts out of the warehouse and build BK.
Linda ::MinnieMo

lilredfoxie

theres still the rumor I hear about Journey into Imagination being updated again for 2007

as well as the Spaceship Earth rehab thats supposedly gunna be open next year

SeanC

I doubt a direct clone of IJA will ever come to WDW because Dinosaur is a clone (down to the same track layout I believe). Doubtful WDW would want two rides with the exact ride system and track layout. Even first time visitors could put that together. If they do an Indy ride it would more likely be the coaster (which is a rumor on another thread thats been deemed unlikely by folks in the know) or a new experience altogether. Since nothing has been said about that who knows if anyone at Imagineering is even considering it.

LudwigVonDrake

I doubt a direct clone of IJA will ever come to WDW because Dinosaur is a clone (down to the same track layout I believe). Doubtful WDW would want two rides with the exact ride system and track layout. Even first time visitors could put that together.

That never stopped them from putting Dumbo, Astro Orbiter and The Magic Carpets in the same park. Plus there's always Triceratops Spin in AK. 4 rides using the same ride system :)

AEfx

I doubt a direct clone of IJA will ever come to WDW because Dinosaur is a clone (down to the same track layout I believe). Doubtful WDW would want two rides with the exact ride system and track layout. Even first time visitors could put that together.

I whole-heartedly disagree. To begin with, no, first time visitors don't spend much time memorizing the layout of dark rides. Most of them don't have any idea that Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion, for instance, don't take place in the iconic buildings, but instead of large warehouses out of view. Guests just don't think about such things. Internet fans? Sure. Average guests? Nope.

I never get this argument regarding the vehicle - It's A Small World and Pirates have the same ride system, and people don't confuse those two attractions. It's like saying I can have two novels, both the same number of pages, both the same color cover, same size, etc., therefore they both have to be identical textually. The logic just doesn't follow. People aren't looking at the ride layout, or thinking about the vehicles - they are enjoying the scenery and the story.

Further, if an Indy ride WERE built at WDW, it's doubtful they would build an exact clone of a ride built well over a decade ago, so the "they have the same track layout" reason just sort becomes moot on it's own. While I'd argue that the vast majority of people wouldn't notice anyway, it is irrelevant because it's just not likely that any Indy ride would follow that exact same layout, all these years later across the country - what are the chances just the building footprints would be identical? They could easily bring it to WDW, adjust the show scenes for whatever location they have. You just need to open up your mind to the idea that a "clone" can change - it's not like they would ever build an inch-by-inch replica; it's just not practical for any reason.

You see the same couple of reasons said over and over on the Internet, but if you look at them with any degree of perspective you can see that they really don't hold much water.

That said, there were some word-on-the-street rumors last week that Lucas pulled the plug on Indy 4. Nothing is official, no comments yet (don't ask me to "prove" it LOL - it's just a rumor that I'm sure has made it's way to the internet somewhere - I don't fully believe it myself but I keep hearing it enough to make me worried)...but one would think Disney wouldn't want to spend that big a chunk of change for a franchise that may be dead.

AEfx

Victor

It is true that they use the same system and layout, but having been on both, I wouldn't have been able to tell you that it was the same layout just by riding it. So, no, first time visitors wouldn't put it together. Besides, they would be located in two different parks. Disney has no problem cloning rides...Star Tours=Body Wars, Dumbo=Aladdin's Flying Carpets, just about every 3-d movie which utilizes many of the same special effects, and the numerous 'mountain coasters'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom