Hey, what happened to the thread I was reading?

Disneyhead'71

Concerning "The Magic". I think it depends what one considers "The Magic". Brand advocates, think it is better than ever. Those that went before 2000 experienced a more relaxing resort that didn't shove product in your face 24/7. Some people like to be immersed in the Disney product and in that regard, WDW has never been better. When I was growing up, the product was Walt Disney World. Now WDW is an advertising platform for the Disney brand. I personally find that less "Magical".

betty rose

Concerning "The Magic". I think it depends what one considers "The Magic". Brand advocates, think it is better than ever. Those that went before 2000 experienced a more relaxing resort that didn't shove product in your face 24/7. Some people like to be immersed in the Disney product and in that regard, WDW has never been better. When I was growing up, the product was Walt Disney World. Now WDW is an advertising platform for the Disney brand. I personally find that less "Magical".
I still find Disney magical, I'm there with the grandkids and family. That makes Disney magical to me. I don't usually buy Disney things, so I'm not affected by the brand advertising. I go around the parks, in my own happy world. Yes, you can call delusional!;)

jkl2000

Yeah, complaining about lines is just futile. It is what it is sometimes.

Any Disney Cast Member would be equipped to handle a guest "acting" like a character. My guess is he got dressed after he entered in the park, because there is no way they would have allowed him in wearing that at the gate.

Is that what the deleted thread was about? Someone acting like a character in one of the parks? I'd like to read about that if it's still here somewhere. LOL - what weirdos and attention seekers sometimes...

216bruce

As far as "The Magic" goes, I guess that will change from person to person as far as what they think it's supposed to be. There's a bunch of folks who don't consider Avatar, Marvel, Muppets or Star Wars 'real' Disney, so they won't find much, if any, magic in anything new with those IP's. There's some people who are in a 'place' where any change is bad or limited to a particular and personal vision of what WDW should be. Then, there's a lot of people (the majority of the non-hardcore Disney fan base) that don't know or don't care about 99% of what any of the previous stuff means or is and who just want to go, have a good time, escape from reality for a vacation and be treated very well. I tend to think that's who the company really cares about as it's the bulk of their business. Obviously, the magic for them is still there as the place and the company is doing quite well.

JourneysEnd

Is that what the deleted thread was about? Someone acting like a character in one of the parks? I'd like to read about that if it's still here somewhere. LOL - what weirdos and attention seekers sometimes...
Nope, not what the original thread was about. There is another thread about that called something to the effect of "tell me he was thrown out of the park" Found it
Please tell me this guy was kicked out...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom