Hey Ap'ers, how does it feel to know you are a contingency plan?

disneylandtour

So Christine McCarthy who, as far as I know, never visits the parks to enjoy them--only occasionally to evaluate them--sees people who actually likes the parks as a type of contingency plan. OK, I'm good with that. Nearly all of the people in the C wing at Disney if they left Disney would never think again about the parks. And they would certain not invest their free time, like we do, in exploring the parks on a board like this. They are mostly bean counters, button pushers, contract readers, and pitch men and women, and there is no way I would ever want to trade places with them. I'm much happier here.

CJR

Oh just that it’s still happening our most valued guests will find it to be the best thing since sliced Tonga toast.

I would not be among the most valued, in that case. I'm sure the bloggers will love it though. They'll definitely be the most valued in a recession.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I already had one because I was supposed to save my parents’ marriage.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Disstevefan1

Disney CFO Christine McCarthy said that the company has contingency plans if the country enters a recession and they need to boost numbers. She said that they can offer discounts on hotels, the reservation system can be adjusted (meaning let even more people in) and finally that they could restart sales of annual passes.

If this isn't a huge slap in the face to their most loyal fans then i don't know what is.

"we don't want you in the parks because you don't fit our guest spending profile, but if our numbers are hurting, we will let the peasants back in"

WTH happened to this management group? They only care about profit, not people.

Well if the stock is any indication, they have screwed up on both fronts.

What a disgrace this company is right now
ACwhenWeneedyou2.jpg

Last edited:

matt9112

Well i got some news for you, that ain't happening so go renew your Universal AP
I know this wasn’t directed at me buuuut

I’m on year 3! So excited for epic.

I do want to go to WDW sometime it’s my place….but a day or two maybe is all I will do. Wait for those cheap as dirt resident tickets and pack my PB&J

Disstevefan1

Disney CFO Christine McCarthy said that the company has contingency plans if the country enters a recession and they need to boost numbers. She said that they can offer discounts on hotels, the reservation system can be adjusted (meaning let even more people in) and finally that they could restart sales of annual passes.

If this isn't a huge slap in the face to their most loyal fans then i don't know what is.

"we don't want you in the parks because you don't fit our guest spending profile, but if our numbers are hurting, we will let the peasants back in"

WTH happened to this management group? They only care about profit, not people.

Well if the stock is any indication, they have screwed up on both fronts.

What a disgrace this company is right now
Get your CP passes now!
CPH_pass.jpg

Last edited:

TQQQ

Original Poster
I know this wasn’t directed at me buuuut

I’m on year 3! So excited for epic.

I do want to go to WDW sometime it’s my place….but a day or two maybe is all I will do. Wait for those cheap as dirt resident tickets and pack my PB&J
I think the landscape is changing right before our eyes. I think people used to go vacation to WDW and visit Universal and now (especially after Epic U opens) it will be go on vacation to Universal and stop in WDW for a day............Their hotels are nicer and hotel perks are WAY better and they are also way cheaper while at the same time WDW has eliminated all of their perks to staying onsite

Disstevefan1

I think the landscape is changing right before our eyes. I think people used to go vacation to WDW and visit Universal and now (especially after Epic U opens) it will be go on vacation to Universal and stop in WDW for a day............Their hotels are nicer and hotel perks are WAY better and they are also way cheaper while at the same time WDW has eliminated all of their perks to staying onsite
I agree this may happen. My question is, where are these former WDW vacationers going to stay? We know the WDW resort blows all other resorts out of the water.

This will be a huge opportunity for hotels that are nearby the Universal parks to partner with Universal much like the Disney Springs hotels partner with WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom