Hess Gas Station at the Boardwalk to close for refurbishment

Tom Morrow

I hope the station looks nicer after this, it looks rather average to be ON WDW property, especially with awesome gas stations like W awa and RaceTrac nearby.

matt9112

That is actually due to local laws. Quite honestly, I do not know a city or state that allows them at self service locations.

The logic is that it avoids a person getting back in their car, building up static and then causing a fire when they grab the pump.

It also avoids someone leaving the pump unattended and having the flow back shut off fail.

There is a bit of a hack though. Most gas tank caps are just the right size to be wedged into the handle and perform the same task.

i do the latter all the time....

maxairmike

It's a Hess thing. They do that at all their stations.

Nope. The MK, Boardwalk, 535/Polynesian Isle, and 536/417 Hess stations all have the stop clips on the pump handles, as well as a few others in the Orlando area I've used in the last year and a half. Usually it is just one stop position at the highest squeeze point so it can sometimes be a bit more difficult to engage it than others with 2 or 3 stop positions, but it is there to use.

mm121

most likely the switchover to speedway as I saw mentioned elsewhere on this board

or it could be in need of new tanks, or both.

TheRabbit

At least someone's laughing.
Sorry. I just figured by putting 'HAHA' and then 'selling gum and lottery tickets', it would seem obvious that I was pointing out that you can't buy either of those things at the Disney Hess stations. I guess my obvious sarcasm wasn't that obvious and next time I'll explain how that is a joke before I type it. Didn't mean to offend you.

AEfx

Unless the refurbishment includes carrying Pepsi products, I'm still not going.

I thought I was going insane the first time I went to the Hess outside of the MK - I walked around four times until I realized they only carried Coke product.

TheRabbit

Unless the refurbishment includes carrying Pepsi products, I'm still not going.

I thought I was going insane the first time I went to the Hess outside of the MK - I walked around four times until I realized they only carried Coke product.
And in case you didn't understand my joke...they don't carry gum or sell lottery tickets either.

AEfx

And in case you didn't understand my joke...they don't carry gum or sell lottery tickets either.

LOL, no, that wasn't even on my mind - it simply was the fact that it's the only convenience store I have ever been in my life that only carried one brand of soda.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom