Here's the "Rule"

JoKenna

Original Poster
There is no rule. In any given situation at Disney, quick thinkers prevail. The ability to succeed: be first in line: get the best seat: whatever: depends alot on your groups ability to adapt rapidly. But this is not eveyones cup of tea, to many the " take it as it comes" approach is cool. But if this not for u.............. be prepared to think on your feet. Been there, donit all...........almost.

kal1484

I'm with the others....where'd the poster go? I wish I knew what he/she was talking bout. hehehe, maybe a new thread mis?

Woody13

I think JoKenna is speaking about the "herding" or "lemming" mentality of many WDW guests. Often times, guests just seem to follow other guests rather mindlessly and fall in line without sizing up the situations first.

At the various park entrances, for example, the ticket machines will always accommodate two lines. Yet, I often observe many guests (20, 30 or 40 at a time) lined up single file behind one another while the "other" side of the ticket machine has no one in line. Naturally, I head for the "other" side.

Same thing is true at the various counter service food locations. The CM at the register always works two lines, yet often guests will mindlessly stand on one side only and not use the "other" side. I always head for the "other" side.

Same thing is true of the lines for the various attractions, going through the multiple doors entering attractions, getting fastpasses and using the WDW transportation system. Lots of guests tend to herd (i.e. follow others).

As Jokenna correctly points out, if you can think quickly and adapt to the various situations as they develop, you can cut time in line, get the best seats, get around property faster and generally avoid "deadheads" that might otherwise impede your WDW experience.

JackSkellington

I understand what JoKenna is talking about. I use this all the time. It is when you enter the park. Everything is like a chess game, where to move, what line to enter, do I sacrifice this ride to get on another. Most people follow the crowd like cows. (No offense just an example.) I was standing with another family before entering DL. Another group next to us was talking about how awesome TomorrowLand was. The family I was with began to talk about they were going to TL first now. So you have to think one step ahead of the general public to stay in the lead. When you get to a ride think which line is everyone going to. Or when the ride has a open space ask if you can take it. That is what JK is posting.

JackSkellington

See, it is all about planning. I know both feelings of following and breaking away from the crowd. The latter pays off with more results, and more rides.

cherrynegra

Originally posted by JoKenna
There is no rule. In any given situation at Disney, quick thinkers prevail. The ability to succeed: be first in line: get the best seat: whatever: depends alot on your groups ability to adapt rapidly. But this is not eveyones cup of tea, to many the " take it as it comes" approach is cool. But if this not for u.............. be prepared to think on your feet. Been there, donit all...........almost.

Um....................okay..............:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom