Herbie: Fully Loaded

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
Source: Variety Friday, February 20, 2004

Disney has retooled its "Love Bug" franchise, setting Angela Robinson (D.E.B.S.) to direct Herbie: Fully Loaded, a Tom Lennon and Robert Ben Garant-scripted film that puts the famed Volkswagen in the world of NASCAR racing.

Disney is eyeing its Freaky Friday remake star Lindsay Lohan, among other actresses, to get behind the wheel. The budget reportedly will be close to $50 million.

The original 1968 film, The Love Bug, starred Dean Jones as the owner of a VW with a mind of its own. Buddy Hackett also appeared in the film.

WDWFREAK53

Hehe...AWESOME!

(The "53" in my name DOES stand for something afterall!)

(BTW..."The Love Bug" DVD is fantastic...a lot of extras...even footage from "Love Bug Day" at Disneyland)

MKCustodial

NemoRocks said:
Saw it today....I can sum up my review in three words:

Don't even bother. :lol:

Yeah, that was pretty easy to guess. Bummer. Hopefully, this thing about making everything hip and cool for the 21st Century will come to an end. Couldn't they have done a nice little romantic comedy that happens to have a car with a mind of its own? Nooooooo, they had to get the drunken, messed up star of the new generation. :rolleyes:

Number_6

NemoRocks said:
Saw it today....I can sum up my review in three words:

Don't even bother. :lol:

It's sad when I could smell the disaster that this movie was going be upon seeing the words "Starring Lindsey Lohan." :lol:

imagineer boy

Well, I just got back from it, and well, it was better than what I thought it would be. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't amazing either. Its worth a look if you have kids. It was funny at sometimes, but alot of times it got a little overly silly. Not to mention that many of the characters started believing that Herbie was alive to quickly, and the announcers certainly didn't sound amazed when Herbie did all those stunts during the big race at the end.

prberk

WDWFREAK53 said:
Hehe...AWESOME!

(The "53" in my name DOES stand for something afterall!)

(BTW..."The Love Bug" DVD is fantastic...a lot of extras...even footage from "Love Bug Day" at Disneyland)

I agree about the DVD extras. Just watched. It was nice seeing Buddy Hacket get all teary-eyed. By the way, I also heard that he recently passed away. Sad.

As for the new Herbie, our local reviewer in Richmond liked it, and he is usually very critical. Hmmm.... I will have to see for myself, I guess.

Paul

catinthehat

BellhopMicah said:
:hurl:

I can't believe I wasted 5 bucks on THAT.

:fork:

really? i thought it looked so good! i still want to see it anyway-- i love watching movies that have fun special effects on the big screen!

TiggerificChick

I liked it. It wasn't horrible. I mean no one expected it to be the best movie, but it was cute. I love Herbie. But, originals are always better, most of the time.

King

Please visit our new Love Bug Central Web site! This site is dedicated to the "Herbie" The Love Bug movies and all of his fans around the world. We have put together this site to honor Herbie via information, photos, interviews and contributions by Fans. This site was designed by a few but showcases the generous donations of many.
www.lovebugcentral.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom