Hepatitis A

eliza61nyc

Just a heads up, I got a pamphlet at the Amtrack train station earlier this month about Hep A

1)Like the flu, best offense is a good defense. Hand washing, hand washing and more hand washing.
2) the majority of folks who get Hep A completely recover with no liver damage.
I AM NOT IN THE MEDICAL PROFESSION I'm plagiarizing off of a pamphlet given out, it give a link to the mayo clinic website.

TwilightZone

This is not a rumor. There was a reported case of Hepatitis A at Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue. This is the second report following an outbreak at Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs. Yuck!
Oh never mind. Sounds awful. Remember to bring hand sanitizer my friends! I learned at school that sometimes sinks are not enough. (TMI?)

disneyfireman

BuT vAcCiNeS aRe DaNgErOuS aNd CaUsE aUtIsM -Parent that read half of an article one time and thinks they're an expert
The anti vaccinators are the reason we have some issues now. Not just hep a but measles outbreaks, flu you name it. And no it doesn’t cause autism. Sad excuse. Isn’t it. It’s like hey. I think I’ll increase my child’s chance of getting a disease. Let’s not vaccinate. Thankfully in Ohio. I’m fairly sure ALL school districts require it. Or stay home.
But as for Disney. You don’t want to know what goes on with people making the food. Lol. Just sit down and enjoy. It’s no different than any place else.

Shouldigo12

The anti vaccinators are the reason we have some issues now. Not just hep a but measles outbreaks, flu you name it. And no it doesn’t cause autism. Sad excuse. Isn’t it. It’s like hey. I think I’ll increase my child’s chance of getting a disease. Let’s not vaccinate. Thankfully in Ohio. I’m fairly sure ALL school districts require it. Or stay home.
But as for Disney. You don’t want to know what goes on with people making the food. Lol. Just sit down and enjoy. It’s no different than any place else.
They require it, but people find loopholes. Like one of the girls in my class, who frequently bragged about her chiropractor dad and how knowledgable he was about medicine. Her dad told her how awful vaccines were and they told the school she couldn't get vaccinnated for religious reasons, which the school the school accepted.

ABQ

Biggest issue is people either don't know how to properly wash their hands and, as a male I see far, far, far too many other men not wash at at when leaving the restrooms. Eww... #1 or #2, just wash your hands for ##!@!'s sake.

how_to_handwash_lge.gif

eliza61nyc

Biggest issue is people either don't know how to properly wash their hands and, as a male I see far, far, far too many other men not wash at at when leaving the restrooms. Eww... #1 or #2, just wash your hands for ##!@!'s sake.

how_to_handwash_lge.gif

too piggy back on this and it's an issue I'm fighting with my workplace, CAN I PLEASE GET SOME DAMN HOT WATER!!!??

the bathrooms at my job have those sensor faucets, which run about 10 secs which mean the water is NEVER warm. drives me crazy.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
too piggy back on this and it's an issue I'm fighting with my workplace, CAN I PLEASE GET SOME DAMN HOT WATER!!!??

the bathrooms at my job have those sensor faucets, which run about 10 secs which mean the water is NEVER warm. drives me crazy.
Hot water does not make a difference.

If the water was hot enough to kill germs, bacteria or viruses it would also be hot enough to melt your skin off. 140 degrees is pretty much the bottom threshold for killing most germs (160 is better). At 140 degrees you will get a first degree burn in around 6 seconds. At 130, you can go for about 30 seconds before you get burned. If we jack the temperature up to the ideal germ killing temperature of 160, a first degree burn is pretty much instant.

There is some thought that hot water is better than cold at removing oils from your skin that can harbor bacteria, but that point becomes moot the second you use soap.

Bottom line...wash your hands for 30 seconds with soap and you are good to go regardless of the water temperature.

eliza61nyc

Hot water does not make a difference.

If the water was hot enough to kill germs, bacteria or viruses it would also be hot enough to melt your skin off. 140 degrees is pretty much the bottom threshold for killing most germs (160 is better). At 140 degrees you will get a first degree burn in around 6 seconds. At 130, you can go for about 30 seconds before you get burned. If we jack the temperature up to the ideal germ killing temperature of 160, a first degree burn is pretty much instant.

There is some thought that hot water is better than cold at removing oils from your skin that can harbor bacteria, but that point becomes moot the second you use soap.

Bottom line...wash your hands for 30 seconds with soap and you are good to go regardless of the water temperature.

hey yoda,
I was going from the comfort level. I know I see people barely lathering up because the water is cold. I know I tend to not wash my hands in cold water. I usually drive down to disney which means stopping at the I-95 rest stops, I have seen ladies just do the purell wash and say the water is so cold.
just a thought

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom