Helpful tip, just in case....

seast119

Original Poster
I could not believe it but on two different occassions, my children left something in the ride compartment and forgot to get it when the ride was over. My DS 9 rode SM and left his wallet with a 20 dollar bill in it. He went and told a CM who asked if he remembered where he was sitting. Luckily, he did and the CM told him to wait just a minute and upon his return, he produced my son's wallet that still had the 20 dollars in it. My son was so relieved! Also, 2 years later, my DD 8 rode EE and left her sunglasses in the compartment. She told a CM and he asked when we rode. She said that we had just gotten off and he told us to wait a minute. When he returned, he had the sunglasses. My DD was so happy! I guess what I'm trying to say is be aware of the rides. What section, number or color because you stand a greater chance of getting your lost item returned.

sarah91182

I guess what I'm trying to say is be aware of the rides. What section, number or color because you stand a greater chance of getting your lost item returned.

Parking! I usually grab my iPhone and take a quick snapshot of my parking section when I park in a lot, or jot down the info in its Notes app. This is especially smart when you park in two different lots during the day, because by the end of a long day walking around, your brain is on overload! Another person mentioned doing this for your PhotoPass ID number, should you get one, and also writing your last name on the back of the card. I'll be utilizing that tip on my stay this fall. It probably wouldn't hurt to grab your park ticket number either, just in case. When you're with a few people and one person is sent up for the group's FastPasses, it's possible for a ticket to get dropped and lost. Fortunately I have my AP number memorized! :cool::wave:

Tinkerbella16

In 2007, we all rode BTMR, got off the ride, and walked all the way to Fantasyland. I realized about 45mins later that my camera was missing. I completely forgot that I put it in the small compartment on the ride. I was so nervous! So my cousin and I ran through the parade crowds to get to Frontierland as fast as we could. I went thru the exit of BTMR, and asked the CM if anyone returned a lost camera...and luckily someone was NICE enough to turn it in...I was so thankful. That wouldn't happen anywhere else, someone could have easily found themselves a brand new digital camera and just walked off with it, but they didn't. I am MUCH for aware with my things when I go on the rides or anywhere in the world. Get so caught up in the moments, its easy to forget.

sjead

I actually have two lost and found experiences (both from DH, silly man misplaces everything). :lookaroun

Anyway, first time was on Test Track and he lost his cell phone. I went to EPCOT lost an found since he didn't realize it until later and they called Test Track and someone (thankfully) had turned it in. They asked me to call the phone to make sure it was the right one. I rushed on over there to get it.

Second time, my husband lost his sunglasses SOMEWHERE in MK. He had no idea where and was freaking out because they are prescription glasses and only about 1 week old. We tried MK lost and found 8 or 9 times throughout the day and they weren't found. A week after we got home, the main lost and found at the TTC called and said they were found and mailed them securely padded with a nice note.

This is the great thing about Disney. Where else could you lose something and not only have people bend over backwards to find it for you, but even mail it, free of charge, to you when you return?

Anyway, as the OP said, it is much easier to recover your lost goods on the same day (and quickly) if you know where they were lost in the first place. But, if not, it's nice to know they can still be receovered after you leave.

It also never hurts to put your name in/on something. Maybe it is a bit geeky, but I think something with a name on it is more likely to find its way back to the owner. Even if only because the person who picks it up actually feels like it belongs to someone because it has a name on it! :lol: Does that make sense?

It is great that both of your stories have "Found" endings! :wave:

Yellow Shoes

I don't like to put my home address or cell phone number on my stuff, but I always put my name on it.

And since I'm always staying on property, I also put my resort name on it as well.

I figure they can track down "Yellow Shoes, Wilderness Lodge" with no problem.

kymie

Unfortunatly the name/number thing doesnt work too well outside of WDW. We bought our DD who was 2 turning 3 a hat with different princesses all around it, and we spent a week or so getting them to sign it. Well we went to UIOA for a day and DD kept throwing her hat out of the stroller. Well I was keeping a fairly close eye on her, but missed when she chucked it out one time. We had only moved a few feet so DH retraced our steps, but no luck. I got him to ask at a stand next to us, and the worker in there said yes she had seen the hat, picked it up and left it by the side! Well of course someone else had come along and taken it. I kept thinking they would hand it in or ring our cell phone, but nothing. So now someone has a lovely hat with SOMEONE ELSES NAME in it. Sorry, moan over!

wdwmomof3

I will tell you that it is very easy to leave things behind, especially when you are having fun. We just got back from a trip to Gatlinburg & to Dollywood. My son bought a hat there and left it at IHOP. Well, I couldn't believe it, but it was there the next morning.:)

We have not lost anything at Disney yet, but it's easy to do especially when you put things into the compartments on the rides. I try to keep from doing that if I can. It's hard to watch your children and make sure that they didn't forget anything too. :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom