Helped cousin with dining reservations...

mavlax20

Original Poster
So my cousin is going with her mom and two daughters to DisneyWorld in the end of March...when I found out last night she was doing the dining plan but had no reservations, I said you needed to get them done ASAP. She didn't get Be Our Guest (though I told her to keep checking) but I think I helped her with some good choices. Her daughters are 5 and 7. The first day, they are doing Chef Mickey's dinner, the 2nd day they have Sanaa (I've never been but read the menu to her), then they are doing Mama Melrose, and their final night they are doing the 1900 Park Fare dinner. They've never been but my cousin is super excited now about the trip, and the chance for her daughters to meet some of the characters. She is going to use the meals as surprises for her daughters. What are your thoughts on the meals? I've never done Sanaa, Mama Melrose, or dinner at 1900 Park Fare. I know your standard buffet foods for CM and 1900, but for those that have been to Sanaa and Mama Melrose, what are your thoughts?

Kosmo1986

saana is a fun experience but the menu may not be the best for picky eaters. I might also suggest doing the sci-fi dinner instead of mama melrose's only because I think kids would enjoy it more.

LWB

I think Mama Melrose's is a good choice for them. It's easy to find something for picky eaters to eat (pizza, pasta, etc) and the kids are fine with the atmosphere - it's not as "fun" of a theme as some other locations, but it was loud enough that my kids wouldn't feel out of place. My daughters went to Sci-Fi at ages 5 and 7 and didn't care for it - even got a bit scared by some of the movie scenes (even though I didn't think the movie scenes were scary!). I'd stick with Mama Melrose's.

By the way, my daughters have loved 1900 Park Fare at dinner! The characters are really fun. Prince Charming didn't show up one time we went to dinner there, so be careful of promising who will be in attendance that night!

Keep checking back to see what ADR opens up. Remember as people cancel last minute, you can stumble across some really good dining options - even character meals.

mavlax20

Original Poster
She is not telling them where they are going to dinner, so they'll be surprised with whoever is there. I did tell my cousin that if the step-sisters are there, they tend to put on a pretty good show and she would like them.

sgtmgd

Mama Melrose is a hidden gem in DHS, but you should see if you can get the Mama Melrose Fantasmic dinner package so you dont have to wait in line. We enjoy the food and atmosphere and just ate there a couple weeks ago. Starring Rolls also has some of the best cupcakes on any property and you can get a tasty ham or turkey sandwich there as well. 1900 Park Fare for Dinner is great the Step-mother and evil step sisters are priceless lots of fun to watch them interact with guests, if your lucky someone will "propose" to one of them..its quite amusing. I will caveate that we eat there for the interaction..the buffet is "good" but dont expect gourmet.

TheMouseFan

Is the Fantasmic Dinner Package good with the dining plan? That is what they are on
Yes, you can use 1 dining credit from the plan. You also then get an appetizer included with the meal. They have really cute "spaghetti and meatball" cupcakes for dessert for the kids.
IMG_8987.JPG

mavlax20

Original Poster
I sent my cousin that picture. I looked for her for the Fantasmic Package, and they have one opening the day they will be at HS...at 3:40. She has a 5 and 7 year old, so I am guessing that is too early for them to eat dinner, but I will let her know.

tlev

We dined at 1900 Park Fare a few years ago. My daughter was 4 at the time. We loved the characters, but the food not so much. If the girls like princesses, I suggest Akershus. We always do breakfast so we can get inside the park early. My daughter also loves Tusker House. We prefer breakfast there as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom