Help!!!!

WickedQueen22

Original Poster
So it just dawned on me that I will be eating about once a day with a group of 12-17. How will we work this out if we are all on the dining plan and will come from about 8 different resort rooms? What about the tip?? Do we get a large automatic group charge? Can we get around this??:shrug:

:hammer::hammer: Home sick on the couch and this is all I can think about?? problems....

brkgnews

For billing, just let your server know that even though you're all on the dining plan, you're in separate rooms. They should know how to handle it.

As for the tip... ??? I don't know -- sorry.

WickedQueen22

Original Poster
2009... however will a group of that size constitute an automatic tip?

I really wish they would add the tip back. I understand it helps the cast members but it was so much easier to budget.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
2009... however will a group of that size constitute an automatic tip?

I really wish they would add the tip back. I understand it helps the cast members but it was so much easier to budget.
Groups of six or more will automatically have an 18% tip added.

WickedQueen22

Original Poster
Thats not at all what I was implying!!

I live on Cape Cod. Home of the cheapest tourists around so I fully understand the importance of a good tip. The logistics of getting 12 people to cough up their portion of a tip is what sounds about as fun as a root canal to me. Rather have a table of 4 for my little family and tip accordinly. 20% is not a scary concept as long as the service is good.

Laura

Premium Member
You will need to book your meals as early as possible. The larger the group, the harder it is to get dining reservations.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Thats not at all what I was implying!!

I live on Cape Cod. Home of the cheapest tourists around so I fully understand the importance of a good tip. The logistics of getting 12 people to cough up their portion of a tip is what sounds about as fun as a root canal to me. Rather have a table of 4 for my little family and tip accordinly. 20% is not a scary concept as long as the service is good.
My bad, I apologize :eek: :wave:

coltow

Groups of six or more will automatically have an 18% tip added.
Does this mean that if you are on DDP that they will bring you a separate bill for the tip? OR does it mean that then the tip is included as part of the DDP? Boy is this confusing.

Dwarful

We went in August with a group of 36 on the DDP-10 different rooms, we got lucky cause the tip was still included. We just added extra where deserved (like our server at Tony's, he did a wonderful job!). We had Pam take care of everything and she did a wonderful job with my insane girl scout group. We got every single restaurant we wanted from Cinderella's to LeCellier and we showed up early as directed and we were always able to sit together in groups of 8-12. Generally we let the girls all sit at one table and then moved the adults and siblings around.

When I went back in 2005 with our family group of 12 we were not on the DDP then and the tip was automatically included. If this is how they do it in 2009 it will help prevent you from being the "Tip police" on the trip.

WickedQueen22

Original Poster
We will all be on the dining plan and so far the tip is not included. So adding the tip into the bill will be a mute point. Maybe if the tip is a separate check we could split it x amount of ways. I would love to all sit together but the thought of planning the entire trip alone and then mandating all the meals alone is not a pleasant one. I want this trip BADLY, I just want to relax once we get there.

Maybe I should use my brain and call Disney Dining.... ?

Dwarful

Well, I think they will charge each room for their appropriate meals, then each room/family will get a sep. bill for their own tip. I don't think you will be stuck figuring out who owes what. Please note that if you book dining for 12 people and you do 3 tables of four you will need to do it with 3 different last names or you will still be booked as a group and be charged for the group tip.

dianenicolexox

I'm not sure? but isnt the tip included in the dining plan.. so when you pay for the dining plan all together, the tips already included in your initial payment? I could be wrong, but this is what i thought lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom