Help with transportation from the Sanford Airport

Captain_Hook

Original Poster
We usually fly into Orlando International Airport and take Mears shuttle bus. However, this time, we are flying into Orlando Sanford Airport and they don't have Mears. Has anyone ever flown into Sanford and if so, what transportation did you use to the Disney Resorts? Thanks for any help you can give us.

tenchu

Originally posted by Captain_Hook
We usually fly into Orlando International Airport and take Mears shuttle bus. However, this time, we are flying into Orlando Sanford Airport and they don't have Mears. Has anyone ever flown into Sanford and if so, what transportation did you use to the Disney Resorts? Thanks for any help you can give us.

Hi there

We've flown into sanford our last two visits and actrually prefer it to orlando.

We've always had a hire car, which is really easy to get you down to the resorts.

As for anything else, it might be a little tricky.

:wave:

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
Hi Captain_Hook,

We are the official transportation sponsor here in WDWMAGIC.

We offer transportation to and from Sanfor's Airport, and depending how many are in your party, it can even be cheaper than regular shuttles.

For any further questions or concerns feel free to contact us at any time.

Regards.

Gregory Nicolas.

:wave:

Susan39

Sanford Transportation

See link to Sanford Airport - look under ground transportation, they list the shuttle services serving the airport. We flew into Sanford Airport last month, and considered using a shuttle service, but ended up renting a car. (We got a great deal from Alamo). It was not a bad ride to WDW (less than an hour). It was nice using a smaller airport, especially travelling with three kids.

If you do look at renting a car, and are flying in early in the morning, or late at night, check with the individual car companies. The rental companies have pretty limited hours. However, Alamo will have someone meet you if you get in after hours.

http://www.sanfordorlandoairport.com

Laura

I know this is a really OLD thread, but I just had to bump it up.

We got a great rate from Syracuse NY to Sanford using Transmeridian airlines back in September. BIG MISTAKE!!!

We got there and there was no Mears, no shuttles, nothing. We were stranded and ended up paying $100 for a cab ride to Disney. And of course $100 back to the airport after our trip. It would have been WAY less expensive for us to just fly into Orlando International and use Mears.

And since at the time I was 21 and my husband was 23 I don't think we would have been able to rent a car (I think you have to be over 25 to rent one at the normal rates??).

We will never make that mistake again! From now on we will drive or fly into MCO.

barnum42

Originally posted by Laura22
I know this is a really OLD thread, but I just had to bump it up.

We got a great rate from Syracuse NY to Sanford using Transmeridian airlines back in September. BIG MISTAKE!!!

We got there and there was no Mears, no shuttles, nothing. We were stranded and ended up paying $100 for a cab ride to Disney. And of course $100 back to the airport after our trip. It would have been WAY less expensive for us to just fly into Orlando International and use Mears.

And since at the time I was 21 and my husband was 23 I don't think we would have been able to rent a car (I think you have to be over 25 to rent one at the normal rates??).

We will never make that mistake again! From now on we will drive or fly into MCO.
Weird - when I was contemplating not hiring a car last year I emailed Mears and was told that they do run to Sanford. :confused:

Laura

Sanford also advertises Mears on their website, however, when we got there we asked about it and they said they only provide Mears shuttles for international flights? I *think* that's what they said. Either way, we spent a good hour looking for some sort of shuttle for Disney and asked everyone we could find and got the same answer every time - there were no shuttles to Disney from Sanford. :brick:

Oh, and I also called Mears and asked them if they had shuttles from Orlando Sanford and they said yes, and even gave me a price quote, but I think whoever I spoke to thought I was talking about Orlando International, because there definitely weren't any shuttles when we got there!

Susan39

I know that Happy Limo also goes to Sanford. I made reservations with them last February. We ended up getting a rental car instead however, and did not use them.

It sounds to me like you did not make reservations in advance? Maybe that is where the confusion lies. There probably only run by reservation.

barnum42

Originally posted by Susan39
It sounds to me like you did not make reservations in advance? Maybe that is where the confusion lies. There probably only run by reservation.
When I contacted them (prior to deciding to hire a car) I asked about making a reservation and was told that they don't do that and to just make my way to the Mears pick up point.

All very confusing :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom