Help with room reservation and extra magic hours situation.

gorebunch

My 15 year old son is traveling with his band next week to march at Magic Kingdom and we will be coming on our own with our two 12 year old twin daughters. The four of us are staying at Pop Century for the first part of the trip while he is with the band and then we will join us at Pop for a few more days of family time after the band goes home. I purchased his park tickets separately for the portion that he is with us and have linked them to my My Disney Experience account and made fast pass reservations.

Here is my dilemma.....Because he is not on our room reservation, I am concerned that his ticket will not work for Extra Magic Hours and I don't think they will add him to part of the room reservation especially since we are staying at Pop and the room limit is technically 4. Am I thinking this through correctly? If so, is there a way around this?

nickys

Premium Member
My 15 year old son is traveling with his band next week to march at Magic Kingdom and we will be coming on our own with our two 12 year old twin daughters. The four of us are staying at Pop Century for the first part of the trip while he is with the band and then we will join us at Pop for a few more days of family time after the band goes home. I purchased his park tickets separately for the portion that he is with us and have linked them to my My Disney Experience account and made fast pass reservations.

Here is my dilemma.....Because he is not on our room reservation, I am concerned that his ticket will not work for Extra Magic Hours and I don't think they will add him to part of the room reservation especially since we are staying at Pop and the room limit is technically 4. Am I thinking this through correctly? If so, is there a way around this?

The ticket will be fine, and if he has a magic band that will work. However it won't show him as being an onsite guest so he won't be able to charge to the room. As already said, he needs to make sure he doesn't use his ticket during his band time.

If he isn't on the reservation at POP then he won't be eligible for EMH. If his band are staying onsite then he would be during the time he's with them, including their check-out day if there's late EMH anywhere.

Also he won't be eligible for Magic Express either.

And you need to be aware that if they realise he's in the room you will be charged for an extra room, at best.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The only way to solve your dilemma is to book an additional room at Pop or change to a resort which can accommodate 5 in a room. As has been mentioned, your son will not be able to use EMH during your stay, nor charge to your room or ride DME back to the airport.

Have you ever stayed at Pop? Those rooms are small. Unless you receive a refurbished room, your family will be sharing two double beds. And while the new queen beds are nice more floor space is taken up. The room will only have 4 towels. Even if you decline housekeeping you room will be checked on a daily basis (new policy) and if it is apparent there are 5 in your room you will be evicted. Room occupancy is set according to fire code guidelines. The only way to legally have 5 in a Pop room is for the 5th person to be a child under the age of 3.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom