Help with planning.

Grumpy-Fan

Hey all. Just got back from the world. My DW and I had a wonderful time. It was just the two of us; And It Was Great! While we were in the parks we were watching all of the parents and their children none the less. Even though we had a fantastic time, there was a part of us that felt as though we should have been there with a child. I am beginning to plan our next years trip with our granddaughter. She will be 5. She is very laid back and easy to please. HELP!!!!!

JuliaGulia

She will have a great time :) I think 5 is the perfect age for Disney. Where you stay will depend on your budget and how many people are going (are you just bringing your granddaughter or her parents too?) If there are more people than 1 hotel room going I would consider staying at a condo resort off site (Regal Palms, Windsor Hills, Vista Cay). If you are staying on property there are many choices. The pool theme at the Yacht and Beach Club and at Port Orleans Riverside is great for kids. I'm sure she would also love the larger than life props at All Star Movies or Pop Century. You have to spend a day or two at Magic Kingdom and there is a lot for little kids at Animal Kingdom. Plan a character meal where she can get her picture taken with all of her favorites. If she is a princess type I suggest the breakfast at Norway in EPCOT, for all others Chef Mickey's is great fun. Don't forget that Disney is a lot bigger with little legs, so I would plan time to rest in the afternoons at the hotel especially if doing morning EMH. Many of the resorts offer pizza delivery for nights when you want to stay in and enjoy the accommodations.

Have fun planning :)

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I have done Disney with my son, with my sisters kids and single with friends. Very different experiences, each of them.

Your Granddaughter will love it. 5 is a really great age to go. She will have so much to see and do. But remember, you will feel a lot more tired with her than going without her. Before going with kids I was not as tired. Carrying them, etc., is tiring. Plan on possibly not being able to do as much as you did without her.

If she is a girlie girl, there is the Bibbity Bobbity Bourtique, there are also play times you can have her go to. Tea at GF, cooking classes at GF, Pirates journey and many resorts offer great kids clubs. Pirates and Princess Party would be a great hit and character dining would be great for her, and you too. Chef Mickey's is our fav, there are also Princess meals...one in the castle and one in Norway, I believe. O'Hanas is awesome, too. :)

I am sure whatever you chooose to do with her, she will have a great time just being in WDW and with her Grandparents. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom