Help With Our Plans!

arich35

So I am looking for advice on what to do on what days, which firework shows or other shows are worth planning around, and which dinner reservations to book!
Here is how our trip is set up:

Arrive on December 3rd (Tuesday) at 9:55 AM
Leave on December 8th (Sunday) at 8:50 AM

We are planning on doing dinner reservations on Wednesday and Friday evenings but we are flexible to switch it around.
The day we arrive I figured we would explore the resort and grounds plus get some lunch after we either get our room or check our bags and plan to get fast passes after 1 or 2 PM for Magic Kingdom and stay for fireworks there.

Every other day is up in the air, what would you suggest? Which parks on which days (we want to visit all)? I know there are usually extra magic hours at parks on certain days so that could sway us as well. We do have park hopper so we are open to splitting days up if need be.

As far as dinner reservations go, we are pretty plain and picky eaters so we are looking to do Italian/Pizza one evening maybe at Via Napoli or Mama Melrose. The other dinner we are looking for traditional American food (Burgers, chicken, wraps, etc) so we are open to recommendations on a good restaurant for that.

Smiley/OCD

I would suggest a couple of things...first, get the My Disney Experience app for your phone...there you can look at menus from every restaurant on property. Secondly, I would invest in one of the many complete guides to WDW...they are pretty comprehensive with restaurants, menus, attractions and other things to do at WDW. Enjoy your trip!!!

Upvote 0

Rsj88

When we do five days we like to start and finish in MK. We do a day per park in the middle. We always do park hoppers as well for flexibility. I would keep in mind as you plan you can get more done in the first three hours the park is open than you will the rest of the day. If you are night owls you can also do more the later it gets. Sometimes we get up early, come back to the hotel room and nap, and then switch parks for the afternoon. If this is your first trip, my best advice is do lots of research. There are tons of great videos on YouTube (check out DFB guide) with the best places to eat, the best rides to fast pass and great tips. This always helps me get excited about trips!

Upvote 0

Surfin' Tuna

A lot of this depends on if this is your first trip or not. I get the impression it might be, and I think that would sway me on what you should do and in what order. I know when we have visitors what we do varies based on their level of experience with the parks and what will really surprise and please them the most. For example, on a first trip I would be reluctant to do HEA on the first night. What show compares to that currently? Maybe Epcot forever will be great, but that's yet to be seen. If you see the best nighttime show the first night, then every night after is a bit of a letdown. Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0

arich35

Original Poster
When we do five days we like to start and finish in MK. We do a day per park in the middle. We always do park hoppers as well for flexibility. I would keep in mind as you plan you can get more done in the first three hours the park is open than you will the rest of the day. If you are night owls you can also do more the later it gets. Sometimes we get up early, come back to the hotel room and nap, and then switch parks for the afternoon. If this is your first trip, my best advice is do lots of research. There are tons of great videos on YouTube (check out DFB guide) with the best places to eat, the best rides to fast pass and great tips. This always helps me get excited about trips!
We were planning on doing just that! We aren't really great morning people but are night owls. But I am sure we will get up early to get to the backs and come back to nap lol. When we first booked back in January I went on a youtube video binge, need to rewatch and take some notes!
A lot of this depends on if this is your first trip or not. I get the impression it might be, and I think that would sway me on what you should do and in what order. I know when we have visitors what we do varies based on their level of experience with the parks and what will really surprise and please them the most. For example, on a first trip I would be reluctant to do HEA on the first night. What show compares to that currently? Maybe Epcot forever will be great, but that's yet to be seen. If you see the best nighttime show the first night, then every night after is a bit of a letdown. Just my 2 cents.

This is our first trip to Disneyworld (been to Disneyland twice). The night shows/fireworks is something we are really looking forward to so I am open to which order to see them. I assume most people want to end the vacation with Magic Kingdom fireworks?

Are some of the shows changing this year?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Off the top of my head I can’t remember what days the parties are on at MK. Possibly Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat.

Unless you buy a ticket for the party, you won’t be able to stay for the fireworks. But party days tend to have lower crowds. So you may want to plan one party day and one non-party day at MK.

Illuminations will be gone, and Epcot Forever will be in it’s place.

At DHS, if you’ve seen DL’s Fantasmic then consensus seems to be you don’t need to worry about seeing it at WDW. So do whichever nighttime show (Christmas or Star Wars) is scheduled. (It’s usually not possible to do the projection show and Fantasmic on the same night, but around Christmas they change the schedules).

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Off the top of my head I can’t remember what days the parties are on at MK. Possibly Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat.

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is held on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
@arich35 this means the MK will close at 6 pm on those nights for day guests. You will need to purchase party tickets in order to stay later (party is 7 pm - midnight) on those nights.

Upvote 0

arich35

Original Poster
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is held on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
@arich35 this means the MK will close at 6 pm on those nights for day guests. You will need to purchase party tickets in order to stay later (party is 7 pm - midnight) on those nights.

Thank you! So going on Saturday will be fine but will probably need to go to a different park Tuesday night!

Which park would be good for a half day (1-close)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom