help with dining

tinksgilrs08

Original Poster
Hello fellow members :wave:

I am planning my trip to WDW in 08 and I am in need of some answers. I am trying to plan my trip to the T and my question is Can you bring in a small cooler with sandwich's and things and put them in the locker? And the the second part is where can we eat a picnic lunch At Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and MGM ? I need help

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Yes.

You can bring food in in a small cooler, I'd suggest a soft-sided one, the lockers are quite small. No glass bottles are allowed [except baby food].

H20Babie

As for places to actually eat, I know that the TTC outside MK has an actual picnic area. Otherwise, if you are choosing to eat in the parks, I would think anywhere other than a patio/outdoor seating attached to an actual TS or CS restaurant would do (just common courtesy). I remember a lot of people eating on the grass hill outside The Seas (exit area). Epcot also has many areas around WS where you can sit and eat. My favourite would be in the UK behind the shops where the British Invasion perform. At MGM, there a a number of benches, etc., placed around the lake. As to AK, remember ... no straws! :)

BRER STITCH

Skip the cooler and just use backpacks. They fit in the lockers nicely.
Also, you should just plan on PB+J sandwiches, as anything that needs refrigeration is too risky in Florida heat.

My sister always seems to get a long fine with her kids when she goes with us by making a couple sandwiches in the morning and packing them into her backpack. Also, bring along a plastic bag with pretzels or crackers, and maybe an apple and a bottle of water for snacking. Most of these you can even eat right in line if you will be there during crowded times! Another bag can be the snack bag with licorice, candy, etc.

Remember, you can go to the locker as many times as you like each day so you do not have to carry everything around with you. If you will be park hopping, be sure to bring your locker receipt with you, as it will be good at your next park too!

HAVE FUN!

:wave:

loweyan

Indeed
As Briar Stitch said - refridgerated foods = not such a great idea even with modern cold packs.

but as for areas to eat.

In the Magic Kingdom

Outdoors:
  • At the end of main street on the right hand side - there is a large group of tables heading from main street to tomorrowland noodle hut which are almost always available except during fireworks time.
  • Adventureland - Near the Swiss Family robinson treehouse there are a few benches built into the planters
  • Tomorrowland - under the astro orbiter there are some benches in the edges of the planters
  • Frontierland - Tom Sawyer's Island - a great place to eat outdoors at the tables near Aunt Polly's Place
  • Fantasyland - behind the castle on the walkway down to liberty square there is a nice long wall - great for snacking and enjoying the scenery
  • Fantasyland - When Belle's Story time is not in session the little walled garden is another great place to eat outdoors
Indoors
  • Frontierland/Adventureland - there is almost always extra room in the Peco's Bills eatery (it also adjoins up with El pirata y el perico restaurante when open in adventureland for extra indoor and outdoor seating)
  • Tomorrowland - Cosmic Ray's starlight cafe is a bit smaller of an establishment but with a little searching you can find a spot
  • Fantasyland - Pinocchio Village Haus - another medium sized indoor eatery you can find spots in
  • Liberty Square - Columbia Harbor house - look upstairs for additional seating which is empty except during peak times.
Hope that helps with your take-along eating adventure. If you want to know more about MGM, Epcot, or AK I will be happy to post my findings.

Enjoy your trip,
Marcus

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom