Help with Christmas planning

Annielkd

Original Poster
I've asked this before and didn't get any responses... but, are there any special events on Christmas Eve or Christmas. The Christmas party ends the week before. Anyone know anything special. Also, does it snow on main street each night, or only at the party?

BrittanyRose428

I'm not sure about special events on Christmas itself, I've only arrived the day after, but it has snowed every night I've been there that week even though there was no party.

Nemo14

I'm pretty sure that once the parties stop (the week before Christmas?) it snows every night on Main St.

I can't help you with special events on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day - never done that.

Annielkd

Original Poster
Thank you very much... that makes me feel bettre. I actually thought that it might stop after the party... I got two different accounts. I knew I could get the right information here!

T-BoneMickeyFan

We are going from December 21-28 and spending Christmas in Disneyworld. It's my first trip during Christmas season and looking forward to it.
I hope there are some specials/discounts for us.

I did read something about singing chiors in Epcot with narrators every night. Sounds fun

Annielkd

Original Poster
I read about that... it's supposed to be magical. I don't know how far in advance you have to plan for that... going to look into it. I did hear that at that time the crowds are strong and you can't leave and return in the same day and expect to get back in.

DisneyJoe

The week between Christmas and new years never discounted, and they charge the highest room rates of the year.

You may possibly get some discounts before Christmas.

Annielkd

Original Poster
They called it the Candlelight processional and I guess you can get a dinner/lunch for 33- 65 dollars and has "gaurenteed seating"... which I don't know what that means. Does anyone know?

BrittanyRose428

They called it the Candlelight processional and I guess you can get a dinner/lunch for 33- 65 dollars and has "gaurenteed seating"... which I don't know what that means. Does anyone know?
I did not do any kind of seating when I saw it, because that is one of the most crowded weeks of the year I was not planning on waiting in line to get a seat, and we did not purchase the lunch/dinner thing. However I stood around near the American Adventure and could see/hear it. There may have been a few trees in the way, and I was standing, but I thought it was better than the package deal or waiting in line for a seat.

Annielkd

Original Poster
Thanks... Unfortunately,due to limitations with a disability, I really can't stand for long periods of time. I think trying to purchase this with seating will be my best option. How did you like it? Was it worth it??? (Just say you had to pay 70.00 to see it... would you?)

rufio

I read about that... it's supposed to be magical. I don't know how far in advance you have to plan for that... going to look into it. I did hear that at that time the crowds are strong and you can't leave and return in the same day and expect to get back in.

This show is really amazing! It's in the theater in front of America and you can actually just stand behind the ropes and watch/hear it without paying for tickets :)

Annielkd

Original Poster
Ohh... I thought they walked around the world. So, it's stationary... and the seating is there? How long is the performance?

BrittanyRose428

Thanks... Unfortunately,due to limitations with a disability, I really can't stand for long periods of time. I think trying to purchase this with seating will be my best option. How did you like it? Was it worth it??? (Just say you had to pay 70.00 to see it... would you?)
If I had the extra money I would definitely pay to have a seat closer to the show. When I went we were only there for a few days, so we did not want to be tied down with dinner reservations and whatnot, but with some actual planning and money it would be well worth it. Though I'm pretty sure it can be cheaper than that too, depending on the restaurant you choose.

BrittanyRose428

Thanks! Any other suggestions?
If you have enough spare time its really nice to walk around some of the resorts to see all the Christmas decorations. The Grand Floridian has the gingerbread house, so we like to walk around the monorail hotels to take a break from the Magic Kingdom at some point during the day, and the Boardwalk is nice to see decorated too. I would love to see Animal Kingdom Lodge, but its just been too out of the way to visit only for the decorations for us.

mraphael

Most of the Resorts have some sort of decorations for Christmas. Use the bus transpiration to check them out as they don't always allow for you to park and check them out as the resorts are full and parking is limited.

Christmas is THE BUSIEST time of year at WDW. As for Christmas DAY events, there really isn't anything different. The parks are actually PACKED by the afternoon, so plan accordingly. Some have actually closed due to capacity...

Annielkd

Original Poster
That's what I heard. I was asking about the Candelight processional and I figured that there would be no way to leave and go back to see it. So, hopefully, I'll be able to get into Epcot to be able to see it. Thanks!

NeedMoreMickey

From Disney's website

The Candlelight Dinner Package combines lunch or dinner at select restaurants at Epcot® with guaranteed seating for the Candlelight Processional and VIP viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.

One of the most beloved holiday traditions at Walt Disney World Resort, the Candlelight Processional is a joyous retelling of the Christmas story by a celebrity narrator, accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and a glorious mass choir.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom