Help! Traveling with 2 yr old triplets

tripletmom92

Original Poster
We are going to WDW for the first time with our 2 year old triplets and our 13 yr old. I was wondering if anyone else has gone with a runabout triplet stroller and if so how did it work with the buses. We're staying at Port Orleans riverside and could use some helpful hints.

I have a MacClaren Double folding stroller and it is alot of work. I am not familiar with your kind of stroller but know that I was always told that I had to fold the stroller up. Wheelchairs and motorized vehicles are the only items that they ever allowed to roll onto the bus. I even sat at the bus stop at Blizzard Beach for two hours,both children fell asleep and I thought that I would be allowed to roll onto the handicap bus. I was not.

Call the hotel directly and maybe someone will be able to better answer or direct your question?

MinnieSummer

All strollers must be folded up to board the busses. With triplets that is going to be an issue. I know they let you push them onto the monorails but I'm not sure it would fit through the door/divider. I've seen side by side double strollers get hung up there. You might want to look into getting a side by side umbrella stroller and a single one. They fold up compactly, are lightweight and can be purchased relatively cheaply. The extra money spent might be worth it if you can avoid the headache of a larger stroller.

Yellow Shoes

For the very first time, I am going to recommend that someone skip the Disney transportation system and rent a car.

That stroller will be simply impossible on any form of public transportation.

Wrestle with it in the parking lot instead of at a bus stop with 20 impatient people behind you.

crazygirley

Another thing about big strollers, and any stroller in general.

When it is 8:55pm and thousands of people are crowded together to watch Wishes, this is not the time to try and get through the crowd, and it is NOT okay to yell at someone who is upset because you just ran over their toes with your big stroller as you pushed your way through the crowd. Be nice with your stroller.

This post was really not aimed towards you, tripletmom92, you seem like a nice person who cares about the toes of others ;) I just needed to get that off my chest!

Have fun with your family!!!

Yoop33

I am sorry I thought you said you were actually thinking of going to the parks with a triplet stroller. Not to mention they were only 2??? Ouch. If I were you I would stick to the Extra Magic Hours ONLY and do something other then the parks during the day hours. You are not going to have a pleasant experience. Not to burst your bubble but that is speaking from seeing many attempts to push even a 1 or 2 seated stroller through a crowd of 10,000. Not going to work very well.

Nemo14

I'd have to agree about the triplet stroller - it will really be difficult to manuver it through the parks. A better idea would be either a double and a single or 3 singles. You've probably got the hang of going places with triplets (God bless you!), but keep in mind that WDW gets very busy and very crowded.
BTW, you're staying at my favorite resort!
Have a magical trip!

awalkinthepark

You are way better off renting a mini-van. I only deal with a double stroller and I would never ever dream of trying to manage a stroller and my 2 and 4 year old getting onto a bus. I park and walk to the gates. The only advantage that you have is having 3 able bodies able to push multiple strollers and be responsible for holding the hands/leashes of toddlers out of the stroller. I would try to not have all three out at once...my youngest likes to bolt and my 4 year will not move when I need to run...the 2 year old just earned his leash this past Thursday ..I avoided it as long as possible...but I was forced to chase the little one while the 4 year old threw himself to the ground while there was no one else around to help me....I felt like the worst possible parent on the planet leaving my 4 year old there...but I knew he had no intention of moving at all....luckily I caught the little one 40 feet away. As far as avoiding crushes of the crowds...we always linger behind and wait for the crowds of people leaving to diminsh to trickles.

I myself have four children and I know how hard it is BUT you shouldn't be discouraged. Folding umbrella strollers are the best for the bus and people are really kind and helpful. I am sure that your oldest is used to helping and with the three of you it is doable. I am sure you know what you and the children are capable of doing in a day. People have even given up their seats on a very crowded bus to help me seat the children. I know that everyone thinks that driving is better but remember you still have to get on a tram to the parking lot and that can be a worse hassle than the bus. Obviously, park closing will be the most crowded and the most trying on your nerves so leave early to avoid the rush or take a cab back to the hotel. My youngest was 11 months and she had a great time. I wouldn't trade a minute our trips.

The suggestion of the harness was not a bad idea. I know that people hate them but it is a parents best friend when you have multiple children. It would give the children freedom of movement, (makes bedtime a snap because they are so exhausted), and it gives Mom piece of mind. Just my experience.

robynchic

I'm going to chime in on the "Well, at least you have two more able-bodied adults (well, one is a teenager)". And also, the triple stroller thing is a bad idea. I agree with whomever said getting three single umbrella strollers or a single and a double umbrella stroller- they'll be a lot easier to manage, and they fold up easily.

But I want to see a pic of the triplets!

Edited to mention that there will be three people to help with the three little ones!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom