Help that only you, my WDWMagic family, can provide

juniorthomas

Original Poster
As a one of the many who have had a 2020 trip cancelled - four times, I might add - I have been eager to find any way to partake in the wonder that is Walt Disney World. My cousin is currently on-property, so I was thinking that I could ask him to pick up some things from the parks that I cannot order online. You know, to bring some semblance of the magic home.

The problem? I can't think of anything to suggest. My brain has stopped working. It's done.

So I turn to you, my WDWMagic family, the one group of people that would truly understand this quandary. What are some small, shipping-ready, snacks/treats/gifts that I could request?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. (Also, two high fives to the first person to suggest a Dole Whip.)

sdemore

Okay, I will jump in with .... Dole Whip🖐🖐 You can get the mix on Amazon. As for small gifts have them check the gift shop at your favorite resort, mine being WL, they have things that cannot be bought on line. I had a friend pick up a wood carved Jeffrey the Bear for us because I was too cheap at the time. LOL. So glad I did, they stopped carrying all the wood carved bears Hope you find something to "feed the need"

juniorthomas

Original Poster
Okay, I will jump in with .... Dole Whip🖐🖐 You can get the mix on Amazon. As for small gifts have them check the gift shop at your favorite resort, mine being WL, they have things that cannot be bought on line. I had a friend pick up a wood carved Jeffrey the Bear for us because I was too cheap at the time. LOL. So glad I did, they stopped carrying all the wood carved bears Hope you find something to "feed the need"
High Five The Office GIF
high five schitts creek GIF by CBC

MarvelCharacterNerd

How about something seasonal? Like a Halloween popcorn bucket or sipper or a personalized ornament from the parks?

Or, as a pin person, I always suggest pins as perfect souvenirs but many do go to the shopdisney site.

For something tiny and cheap, there are always pressed pennies. :)

JIMINYCR

We pick up the boxes of Mickey cookies to bring home. The cookie boxes are small, wouldnt take up a lot of room to ship or carry home. The cookies inside are packaged in plastic so they stay fresh for a long time. There are also many assorted packaged candy treats in small sized packages available. I'd also ask for a few free park maps, times guides and stickers or buttons to be included. And there are a multitude of small Disney souvenirs on the inexpensive side in the shops that are holiday or year dated if you want to have them included. ( We grab lots of those smaller items to use as stocking stuffers at Christmas )

juniorthomas

Original Poster
We pick up the boxes of Mickey cookies to bring home. The cookie boxes are small, wouldnt take up a lot of room to ship or carry home. The cookies inside are packaged in plastic so they stay fresh for a long time. There are also many assorted packaged candy treats in small sized packages available. I'd also ask for a few free park maps, times guides and stickers or buttons to be included. And there are a multitude of small Disney souvenirs on the inexpensive side in the shops that are holiday or year dated if you want to have them included. ( We grab lots of those smaller items to use as stocking stuffers at Christmas )
Great ideas! Thank you kindly.

nickys

Premium Member
Sorry about your trip. We should have been there over Christmas this year, I can empathise completely.

Definitely go with the Christmas ornaments, maybe one for each person who was due to go on the cancelled trip.

We loved the cookies and also the simple chocolate lollies with Disney characters on the foil wrappers!

I agree as well with @JIMINYCR about Christmas &/or 2020 trinkets - key chains, pins, maybe Mickey Ears / hats even. Also if your cousin can hop over to the Contemporary or one of the bigger resort stores, he could get some H2O products to remind you of being there (if you were going to stay on site).

JohnD

How about a Mickey sipper from Sunshine Tree Terrace? You can order a Dole Whip in a regular plastic cup then order the sipper new already wrapped in plastic. It’s pictured here along with my other loot from the trip last week.

(I ordered the poster calendar from ShopDisney. Other items: Mickey trophy from HS. Variations of Mickey/Goofy/Donald/Humphrey totem pole from Wilderness lodge -- large figurine--not pictured, card holder, and ornament - pictured. Talking shoulder Porg or "Cola drink" in round container from Galaxy's Edge)

252F10CB-A009-4BBF-90D4-9E85EF164DCB.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom