HELP! Starbucks You Are Here Mugs!

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Is anyone going to the World after the new Starbucks opens in Animal Kingdom later this month? If so, I need a favor. I would love if someone could pick up a DAK and a DHS mug for me... I will send you a money order BEFORE hand with enough $$ for the mugs and enough to ship them to me. Can anyone help me out?? Message me back or email me at jonclendenin@yahoo.com

I have contacted Disney and they WILL NOT let me purchase these over the phone or internet. With my second child expected to be here in the next couple of months, I don't know when I'll be able to get back down to the parks.
Help me!

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

BJones82

Did you look on amazon? A lot of Disney Park items are available there from people doing exactly what you want :) Just a thought :) Good Luck!!

DisneyRoy

I would get a personal shopper. This is what they do. Here's a link to one...

http://mousetoyourhouse.com

This one has the other three parks if you search for Starbucks. I'm sure they will have the new one when it's open. There are other out there too if you just google "Disney personal shopper". Just make sure you read reviews and use one that seems reputable. Some have been known to take the money and run.

JIMINYCR

I have contacted Disney and they WILL NOT let me purchase these over the phone or internet.

Once again Disney is passing up the opportunity to take your and my money. They should at least be featured on the Disney store site. And visiting these other sites, they feature many of the same mugs as the Disney store only charging much more than Disney does.

dreamfinder

Once again Disney is passing up the opportunity to take your and my money. They should at least be featured on the Disney store site. And visiting these other sites, they feature many of the same mugs as the Disney store only charging much more than Disney does.

Except that defeats the point of the "You are here" series. The concept behind those is that you actually visited the Starbucks in that location and purchased the mug. Not I visited the website and order it. However, since WDW won't ship any food product, even if it's shelf stable, I wouldn't be surprised if they simply chose to not add any of the products sold at Starbucks to their merchandise database. (Do they have any of the 3rd party vendors available via the merchandise hotline?)

R W B

Except that defeats the point of the "You are here" series. The concept behind those is that you actually visited the Starbucks in that location and purchased the mug. Not I visited the website and order it.
Yea, I was gonna say the same thing lol.

It's the same they did with the parks exclusive Pandora jewelry. You had to actually go to the park to buy it.... Or over pay some one for it like I did lol

JIMINYCR

Except that defeats the point of the "You are here" series. The concept behind those is that you actually visited the Starbucks in that location and purchased the mug. Not I visited the website and order it. However, since WDW won't ship any food product, even if it's shelf stable, I wouldn't be surprised if they simply chose to not add any of the products sold at Starbucks to their merchandise database. (Do they have any of the 3rd party vendors available via the merchandise hotline?)

But you can purchase other event specific items even though you are not present for those events. Disney sells many things that I can buy as a person who collects Disney items to add to my collection. This is no different. The Starbucks mugs are selling the various Parks and are not time specified... ex. you are here "Now".

DisneyGirl3820

I actually just got back from WDW and believe it or not, I visited all four parks while I was there! Crazy, I know. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I couldn't make it back to DHS before I left to pick that mug up and DAK Starbucks wasn't open yet (it still isn't). But thanks for your smart @$$ reply.

I completely get it. We were there for a Star Wars Weekend but I had no intention of waiting on a line for 4 hours for the special pin so I got home and ordered via eBay. Got the pin, saved time and I knew I was there during the event so I had no problem purchasing something right after I came home. No difference to me.

dreamfinder

If people can find a secondary means to buy items, have at it. Normally I would provide you with all the public contact info for the Merchandise Hotline so you could order it without paying the outrageous markups most of the shopping sites will charge you, but they won't sell it that way as you already found out.

But between the fact it is sold at a location that primarily offers food items (which Disney won't ship) and is sold by what is for all purposes a 3rd party retailer (so potentially not SKU'ed in the normal WDW backend that the Merchandise Hotline has access to) were logistical reasons as to perhaps why they won't sell it via the Merchandise Hotline. Not to mention it's not a WDW product, but rather a Starbucks product.

Mouse_Trap

$14.95 (+tax of course)

Thanks.

I would love to get the set of 6 so was interested in how much that would cost.
They are listed on eBay for inflated prices (of course), but to get a set here in the UK it would cost at least $200

I'll wait until I'm in the parks next, hopefully they will still be selling them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom