Help solve a family fight!!

goofntink

My wifes aunt works for vacation planning and according to her average stay for a family of 4 is 8-10 days, this allows 2 days per park in order to try and catch as many attractions and 2 days for water parks, and not get burned out trying to do each one in one day during peak times.

William Marsden

We always go 11 or 12 days and many of my friends can't believe we stay as long as we do. Have you ever had a friend come up to you and say "we're going to Disney World. I hear you know a lot about WDW and I'd like your help planning an itinerary. We'll be there four days and one of those days we want to go to the beach and we also want to visit Universal Studios." Talk about Frustrating!

David

I used the Trip Countdown listings for those who have trips in progress and averaged those. The last two posters on that list had stays of 42 and 37 days, so I did not use those because they are so far out of the ordinary they would have given a false number. But if they CAN stay that long, they are very lucky people!

Anyway the average stay was 8 days

jellis

During the 80's and 90's my family would stay for 2 weeks at a time in the campground between Christmas and New Years (lost count of how many times we have actually been there during that timeframe) and since getting married, we go for a week and stay at various resorts.

- Jim

coltow

mrerk said:
We've gone anywhere from 5 days to 16 days. Lately we've been going 8 days 7 nights. The funny thing is our longest trip (16 days, back in 1987) was when there were only 2 parks. I remember we went to Busch Gardens, Cypress Gardens, Sea World, Gatorland, Boardwalk and Baseball, a couple of day trips to Daytona on top of the MK, EC and RC. Now we spend 1 week almost exclusively at Disney.

I REMEMBER BOADWALK & BASEBALL!!!!!! We have pictures too :wave: I also remember a place with a circus theme, it might have been called Circus World. If I remember correctly Circus World and Baseball & Boardwalk were the same place but had changed ownership and therefore changed names.

When we began going to WDW my grandfather had a condo in Kississimmee (sp?) so we would always go for 2 weeks, stay for free and explore all the other theme parks as well as WDW. As my siblings and I grew up and having children we began to stay on WDW property and our average trip lengths are 7-10 days.

barnum42

Not been through the whole thread, so I may be repeating other posts but for Britons their main holiday will be for two weeks.

cdunbar

I think the longest Ive ever stayed is like 4 nights now I stay only 2. My best friend and I are going in July for my 20th birthday and I am convinced that we will have more than enough time if not we only live 30 min away, an hr if there is a bad accident.:king:

Raven66

We stay 6n/7d. When we go in Feb. 2007 (keeping fingers crossed) I'm going to add a resort only for the night before our vacation starts. We usually lose a half day flying in and half flying out. That just doesn't work for me. I want all the time I can get.:) This year will be our trip for when I turn the big "cough cough" 0.:lookaroun I can't wait!!

jim1051

We are DVC members and always stay Sun thru friday to maximize time minimze points used. 6 days 5 nights almost annually.

NTI2002

If you never reach an agreement you can always promise eachother that you'll all disband and join different families

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom